[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just got 12 of similar to pic related for free, they have passive
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: file.png (206 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
file.png
206 KB, 640x480
I just got 12 of similar to pic related for free, they have passive cooling so they are cool for bitching with them or having them as a seedbox I plugged a couple and they turn on and stuff (on light and PSU fan spining) but they send no signal to monitor

Any idea?

I will keep trying the other ones anyways maybe I got broken ones but they look fine
>>
kick it
>>
bitcoin mining
>>
Do they not POST at all?
They're neat little things.
>>
File: file.png (300 KB, 770x433) Image search: [Google]
file.png
300 KB, 770x433
Looks like I got other models too

I got 3 of pic related too, this one is working just fine
>>
File: file.png (1 MB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1 MB, 960x720
Inside pic
Its small as fuck but it even have 2 sata ports
>>
>12 free HP
You still got ripped off.
>>
>>55321142
No way dude, they're cool.

Shame that they're P4 rigs. The C2D ones are really nice.

>>55321119
What's that GPU?
>>
>>55321211
I got a C2D too
Some pentium d and a E2180
That is some google image but I got two nvidia cards, a 6600 gt and another one I don't fucking know what it is
Also I got a dell power edge but that shit sound like its going to allah akbar on me
>>
>>55320908
They were trashed for a reason. Even a RaspberryPi is cheaper over time and even faster.
>>
>>55321299
Can a rpi run 6TB sata drives?
I have 500/500 FTTH so I need to test the ethernet on this things anyways
>>
Literally not even worth the cost of powering them. Extract the drives and shit and discard the rest.

Maybe run one without cooler to see what happens (throttling)
>>
File: 20.png (5 KB, 252x245) Image search: [Google]
20.png
5 KB, 252x245
Well, i tested all of them now, 12/12 working fine with siltaz

Now the fun is over and I'm too lazy to move this crap away
>>
how did u get them for free?
>>
>>55323524
My work, we replaced all the computers so I got everything I could stuck on my car
>>
>>55321211
>they're cool.
>passive cooling
ishygddt
>>
>>55320908
Folding maybe?
>>
>>55323851
What
>>
>>55325847
He means pissing away your electricity on processing math-heavy stuff like experimental protein folding, finding large prime numbers, bitcoin mining, or searching for extra-terrestrials day and night.
What he didn't mention is one modern PC is still better and cheaper for that than an array of old junk. Ignore it.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.