[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that Big Data is out, what's the next big thing?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: Gartner-Hype-Cycle-v2.png (21 KB, 916x643) Image search: [Google]
Gartner-Hype-Cycle-v2.png
21 KB, 916x643
Now that Big Data is out, what's the next big thing?
>>
>Bigger Data
But seriously, internet of things with analysis, and AI.
>>
>>55319472
Im putting my money on Machine Learning
I know its been out for a long time, but now with the growth of R, its starting to gain a lot more traction.
As well as that, I'll say Self Service BI and Natural Language, although that has been used for quite a while now, it just ties in nicely with the rest.
>>
bigger data
>>
Microdata
>>
>>55319472
It's not out, but it's not as lucrative as it was.
>>55320257
I don't see it becoming much bigger than it is. It's already pretty important, but it's gonna remain the domain of PhDs, I think.
>>
big data isn't out, but blindly collecting everything is losing its luster. we're starting to realize that tracking absolutely everything about you isn't that indicative of anything (although sometimes X does predict Y; the question now is what Y are we looking to predict, and what is X (or what constellations of things constitute X)).
>>
>>55320257
>with the growth of R
My fucking sides!
Never post on /g/ ever again, inbred.
>>
>>55319907
>internet of things
Can't wait for every household object being equipped with surveillance sensors and connected to the internet via insecure software.
>>
> Cloud Computing
> Business Software
>>
"X as a service"
It's amazing how in the future, no one will actually own any computer hardware or software, but rent it out from some giant megacorp. What a dystopian world we live in.
>>
>>55319472
>big data is out
You do not have a clue about what you're talking about, have you?
>>
>>55321964
>tfw i'll be able to hack into every coffee maker on the planet and burn down all the places they're in by overloading the heating coils with no water in it
>>
Analytics and/or data science. Fuck if I know what either word means.
>>
File: finlandhasaretardedpresident.png (115 KB, 778x606) Image search: [Google]
finlandhasaretardedpresident.png
115 KB, 778x606
>>55321769
It's like the NSA always knowing about these terrorists but yet they can't do anything because they are more concerned about quantity than quality
>>
>>55322226
>you do not
>have you
>>
>>55322320
Ayyy amerifriend, want me to speak any of the 4 languages that I know and you don't?
>>
deep learning
>>
>>55319472
Augmented Reality. Cryptocurrency might also have something neat up its sleeve once it unfucks its shit up.
>>
dick sucking as a (remote) service
>>
Sexbots
>>
>>55322650
No that's gross and misogynistic
>>
>>55319472
VR and down the line anything that is easy to sell to the weeb generation with the false promise of "your waifu will be real"
>>
>>55322273
AI will do that itself. We just need to wait for Armageddon, and settle down in a new golden age of real humanistic, human, humanity afterwards. God do I hope that the nukes will strike while I am still alive, doesn't even matter if I die, I just want it to happen so that our children have a better future than the one we worked towards the past 10.000 years
>>
File: 1439903195165.png (536 KB, 776x840) Image search: [Google]
1439903195165.png
536 KB, 776x840
>>55322650

"Sex robot" is a very limiting term. "Artificial companion" is much better in my opinion.

Artificial companion does housework, daily conversation, companionship and sex for you and can exist indefinitely if maintained (and even if not maintained it can be always repaired). Also it can guard you when you go outside.

Human attention is scarce nowadays. Artificial companions will make it possible for everyone to get attention they need!
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.