[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright lads, which one is better? MSI gtx 1070 gaming x, or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: MSI-GTX-1070-GAMING-X-8G-2.jpg (143 KB, 1024x819) Image search: [Google]
MSI-GTX-1070-GAMING-X-8G-2.jpg
143 KB, 1024x819
Alright lads, which one is better? MSI gtx 1070 gaming x, or this one?

http://m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=N82E16814125871&cm_re=GIGABYTE_GV-N1070G1_GAMING-8GD-_-14-125-871-_-Product&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-Veeralava%20LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&AID=10446076&PID=6202798&SID=NIS_926

Anyone who bought a 1070, which manufacturer did you buy from and do you like it?
>>
>>55303397
install gentoo
>>
>>55303397
I bought super clocked from EVGA. Gigabyte was my second choice. I love both of their products and you can't go wrong with any of the bigger companies really (MSI, gigabyte, EVGA). It's best to compare customer service and warranties since price and performance tend to be around the same range depending on the models.

As for my SC it has performed pretty well so far.
>>
>>55303650
How much was your final price after tax and shipping? do you think the price will go any lower within the year? I ordered an msi 1070 gaming x, but debating on cancelling it and waiting.
>>
>>55303397

I'm getting the msi one (when it's in stock). The cooler they make is always dead quiet.
>>
>>55303397
MSI's Gaming X and Palit/Gainward's GameRock/Phoenix models are supposed the be the quietest. They also all have one 8-pin and one 6-pin power connector, which could help with overclocking, whereas that Gigabyte one only has a single 8-pin. Gigabyte's cards are also usually far from quiet in my experience.
>>
>>55303397
>>55304029
Oh, and one more thing to consider is that the Gigabyte has a 6+2 power phase design, versus the 10-phase setup on the MSI card. Again, something which may help with overclocking, although given Nvidia's hard limits on overclocking, it probably won't make too much difference.

The G1 is no longer Gigabyte's top model, so it's rather cut down this generation. You need to buy the Xtreme model to get better power delivery and such.
>>
anyone know if there's a difference between gtx 1070 Gaming X 8G and just the regular Gaming 8G? Is there any real difference? The G is 20$ cheaper.
>>
>>55304135
The regular G is identical to the X, just at a lower factory clock. You can easily OC to the X, don't waste the extra $20
>>
for anyone who cares, It's in stock

http://www.nowinstock.net/computers/videocards/nvidia/gtx1070/
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.