[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ghostmail no longer free
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5
File: HYovKa5f.jpg (7 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
HYovKa5f.jpg
7 KB, 240x240
This mail went out to all accounts:

>Dear GhostMail user,
>GhostMail is an extremely complex and demanding platform to maintain and host. We have >users from over 200 countries and hence it requires massive resources and focus to operate our >platform.

>In order to apply our resources in the best manner possible, we will focus on our active and PRO >account users.

>We will continue to provide a free 14-day trial, so users can test our services.

>Don’t worry - existing active users which have logged in since March 1st, 2016 will continue for >free. You will soon receive this confirmation by E-mail.

>Free users who have not logged in since March 1st, 2016 should ensure they download all files, >etc. (should you choose to retain this data). These free accounts will be listed as dormant and >deleted on August 1st, 2016, unless they are upgraded to a PRO account.

>We hope you understand our decision and thank you for using GhostMail.
>>
Protonmail better anyway
>>
Tutanota better anyway
>>
Prefer Gmail myself
>>
Outlook better anyway
>>
AOL better anyway
>>
>>55300099
Faggot
>>
>>55300117
Buzzkill
>>
>>55300117
Dumb freetard.
>>
self-hosted better anyway
>>
Zoho is better anyway
>>
DESU, I think all those services are rather similar. They promise the same exact thing, who knows what's true.
You're probably better off using pgp with any other mail provider for important stuff.
>>
>>55300024
Mail.ru is better
Russians don't care about your mail like clapistanians do.
>>
Cock.li better anyway
>>
cock better anyway
>>
cock way better
>>
Yandex is the best mail service.

It will host 1000 emails on your own domain for free.

It's hosted in Russia so you can avoid the NSA.
>>
>>55300176
Also, the "seamlessly integrated encryption" they all offer only works if your recipient uses the same service. I don't even know anyone with an address like that. Rather pointless for most people, I guess.
>>
>>55300192
>1000 emails

I have 12k unread right now and I read most of my shit
>>
>>55300202
How many do you get a day? That would drive me insane if I had 12k unread.
>>
File: fingerrabhs6.jpg (6 KB, 211x238) Image search: [Google]
fingerrabhs6.jpg
6 KB, 211x238
>>55300202
Email addresses.

The storage is unlimited for each address. And you get 10gb Yandex.Disk with each address.
>>
I want to use my own domain for email. Are the new domain extensions (with 50k+ registrations) future proof?
>>
>>55300181
>>55300185
>>55300190
is this what you're using your purchased IPs for Daniel? seriously?
>>
>>55300216
That makes more sense. Thanks for sharing then

>>55300212
I cannot find a way to stop the constant flow + retroactively mark thousands of old emails as read. The number is so arbitrary now it may as well not exist
>>
>>55300192
but can i avoid KGB?
>>
>>55300230
Is there a difference between yandex.ru and yandex.com in regards to hosting, routing etc?
>>
>>55300229
You're not the dad of me!
>>
>>55300244
All Yandex Mail servers are in Moscow.
>>
>>55300242
Yes. KGB is defunct, comrade.

FSB, however, might read your emails if you are a homosexual and you live in Russia.
>>
>>55300242
no, they have an unkillable tracking cookie that hosts itself on your dom storage like the google one, it's just as bad
>>
File: 1309881157728.png (110 KB, 406x406) Image search: [Google]
1309881157728.png
110 KB, 406x406
>>55300275
>cookies
>dom storage
>email

Nice try, Chaim.
>>
>>55300299
>read your mail on yandex site
>service only works with their unkillable tracking cookie which embeds itself on DOM
>every other yandex sites sends the same cookie
retarded as shit, you probably watch RT as well, go back to shilling on /pol/
>>
>>55300344
Oh no, if you use their website (why?) they will know which pages on their own domains you visit!

Meanwhile google is embedded on every single webpage everywhere.

We're posting on a website with google analytics and google reCAPTCHA embedded right now.
>>
>>55300375
>he doesn't block google tracking with ublock and umatrix
>he doesn't use the non javascript captcha
>he prefers an unkillable tracking cookie that will also see everything you browse
kill yourself retard
>>
File: 1314261020113.jpg (115 KB, 431x696) Image search: [Google]
1314261020113.jpg
115 KB, 431x696
>>55300423
Google reads your emails and stores them permanently to share with the NSA.

Yandex is not a five eyes country and doesn't share your email with the NSA.

I am not sure why web browsing came into this, but Google has the ability to track you across sites. Yandex doesn't have the ability to track you across sites.

Not that web browsing has anything to do with email.

You are an NSA shill. Good goy. 1 shekel has been deposited in your account.
>>
File: cheapest path.jpg (66 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
cheapest path.jpg
66 KB, 640x360
>>55300464
pretty much all your email will come from a person in the US, a server in US jurisdiction, or go over the pipe of an FVEY country, so it's pretty useless to use Yandex and think it's going to help much when the NSA will just get it over the feed instead.

your login to Yandex servers located overseas also makes your sessions getting the mail foreign communications that can be spied on
>>
>>55300519
Most of the people I communicate with also use Yandex. Our connections to Yandex servers are encrypted.

My communications are secure.

Too bad for you, Moshe.
>>
>>55300537
look up BULLRUN sometime, it might be enlightening to you.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.