[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you have a FB account? I noticed this a few months back.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: enYiSYM.jpg (67 KB, 1024x681) Image search: [Google]
enYiSYM.jpg
67 KB, 1024x681
Do you have a FB account?

I noticed this a few months back. I noticed that I was getting a lot more friend suggestions of people that I didn't know, which was the first thing that made me curious. Facebook had always been suggesting that I friend people when I had mutual friends with that person, but suddenly it was suggesting that I friend people that I didn't recognize, and with whom I shared no mutual friends. So I started paying a bit more attention. Then I noticed that, among the random strangers, there were a few people that I did know but did not have any mutual Facebook friends and hadn't checked in at the same locations or anything else. That was my first tip-off that Facebook was trying to do something clever to link up friends, so I scanned the suggestions again looking for a possible pattern. Then I noticed that some of the strangers looked familiar. It took me a second to place them, but they were people who lived in the same apartment building or worked in the same office building. In some cases, it was people who lived in a nearby apartment building and got coffee from the same place that I did. They're definitely using location data to match people up.
>>
>>55297487
So how is that a bad thing?
>>
>>55297612
> So how is that a new thing?
FTFY.
The lack of privacy is a bad thing; on the other hand, what do you expect from FB?
>>
>>55297487
Goddamned it Sherlock, maybe you can put that shit to good use and find the Unabomber, or who killed Sharon Tate.
>>
>>55297487
>did not have any mutual Facebook friends
still knowing that
>hadn't checked in at the same locations or anything else
set your permissions normieeeeeeees
>>
>>>/x/
>>
File: 1466960502122.png (2 MB, 1172x1161) Image search: [Google]
1466960502122.png
2 MB, 1172x1161
Nothing new under the sun, that's actually why I left facebook a few years ago.

>went fishing with a friend ashore a lake
>2 girls approached us
>we had a nice chat for a about an hour
>didn't exchange numbers or anything
>no friends in common
>back home, facebook suggested them to be my friends
>>
>>55297487
stating the obvious, cheers mate
>>
>>55297916
maybe turn off your location in android?
>>
>>55297916
it means they searched you on facebook but didn't send you a request
>>
>>55297961
Yeah that would obviously solve the problem, but the little freetard inside my head yells louder than reason
>>
>>55297979
Weird shit is happening however you see it. I had my front camera blocked with a piece of tape, it fell off and I didnt put a new one on.

Got adds for grey hair treatment.
I do have some grays but how the fuck is google knowing that? Since I love my grays and never googled anything about the topic...

What will happen in 20 yrs? I might end up in Alaska.
>>
http://fusion.net/story/319108/facebook-phone-location-friend-suggestions/
>>
>>55298009
They probably scanned your photo and matched it with your date of birth to suggest hair coloring.
>>
>>55298009
Maybe we can buy a house in Alaska, about 2km away from each other so we can ask for help in case of trouble, and live the dream with a dog and a rifle ?
>>
>>55298041
I'm only 19 ;_;
>>
>>55298041
Im 26.
More probable is that they've seen the greys.
Maybe there are some ppl watching/listening. Or some advanced AI algorithms.

I sometimes even hear my camera clicking/focusing while Im just browsing the net on my phone.
And I aint even using dubious apps, I use browser for fb, no chat apps except viber.

I can imagine an average teen girl with location ON, net always ON, camera apps and every possible chat app.

Hacker's feast.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.