[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guys, I need some suggestions for choosing language
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: penguin.png (29 KB, 250x295) Image search: [Google]
penguin.png
29 KB, 250x295
Soo, I've been going at Java and C++ for years now and i never continue cause i'm lazy, I really want to learn either but i never do, So if anyone can tell me a good useful not-so-hard language i'd be greatful. Also what's the estimated time for LFS for a guy who can make his way around linux?
>>
If you're lazy, you'll never become a good programmer.
>>
>Java
hi pajeet
>>
>>55294370
Just need to get into programming, If i can learn one flawlessly, i'll be able to expand much more easily.
>>
Learn Scheme/Lisp, program in Guile (scheme), and it will compile into C code. Scheme/Lisps are fun and so abstracted you can do a bunch of neat shit in them to keep your assburgers/ADD at bay.

http://www.buildyourownlisp.com/
>>
>>55294394
Sorry, first thread, don't know all the 4chan memes.
>>
Oh, also, a long time. I've been going all day at an LFS install. But it doesn't really take much knowledge. It's just long and tedious. The only things you'll really need to know are how to into moving between directories and lsing and what the flags are to unzip tar.bz2 versus tar.xz. The rest is following commands you are given. The nice part is that it actually explains what every individual thing does.
>>
>>55294412
Thanks, I'll check it out!
>>
>>55294430
Ok, Will probably try LFS sometime this summer :)
>>
>>55294370
>If you're lazy, you'll never become a good programmer.
Opposite is true assuming you're the one aiming to 'get shit done' regardless of quality.
Suppose that's a bad programmer maybe.

OP. I recommend you learn two write procedural code. Learn C. Handmadehero.org is a project written in a (fairly) pure procedural style.
Here's political propaganda:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRTfhkiAqPw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6VP-2aIcSc
(Doesn't make it untrue but I'm not gonna say the guy isn't a bit bias)

It's a very natural way to write code. It's basically the most obvious thing you do. But there's some ideas/principles you can apply to make your code more malleable while you do that.
>>
>>55294326
Use Java.. Make an Android app. Assuming you're not an iFag.
>>
>>55295555
nice quads
>>
File: 1456583651499s.jpg (5 KB, 249x181) Image search: [Google]
1456583651499s.jpg
5 KB, 249x181
>Linux
>>
>>55295752
seriously?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.