[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is driving me insane. I have 2 DVRs that record (and broadcast
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: Untitled.png (26 KB, 887x638) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
26 KB, 887x638
This is driving me insane.

I have 2 DVRs that record (and broadcast to a DDNS host for mobile viewing) and for the life of me I cannot get the second DVR to broadcast properly.

I set up a DHCP on the linux box that's wired to the DVR. Due to distance, DVR 2 cannot be hardwired and the retarded OS within said DVR does not allow for wifi.

Am I missing something obvious here in my networking? Should I adjust the main router's subnet mask to something other than x.255.0?

When I navigate the the DDNS URL, it pulls up the proper port for DVR 2 (6061) and DVR 1 (port 6060) works perfectly. I forward everything from eth0 (the DHCP) to wlan1 (the internet connection) yet the url loads the correct port I set on the DVR, but with a consistent 404 and no stream established.

If anyone has any advice, I'll listen as though my life depended on it.
>>
They are ECOR HD DVRs, if that means anything.
>>
Use a wireless bridge
>>
>>55293702
Assuming you're using the usual /24 mask, it's broadcasting just fine, but it's on a different subnet. Set PC 2's dhcp server to assign a different range out of the 192.168.0.X subnet or just statically assign one since it's a single client using it and dhcp isn't necessary in the first place. On the same note, your entire architecture is retarded. A 1000' roll of cat5e and 100 connectors is under $50; cut this shit out.
>>
>>55294118
It's 2 separate buildings.
>>
>>55293702
The dhcp on pc2 is retarded. Just bridge the wifi and the Ethernet on pc2 and let the DVR 2 automatically get an IP from the main router
>>
>>55293702
From the diagram, it looks you're using PC 2 as a 2nd layer of NAT. Are you SURE this is what you want?

You probably wanted a bridge. So I'm just going to assume you didn't properly configure NAT or a bridge on PC2.

What do the iptables, fowarding config and interfaces file on PC 2 look like?
>>
>dchp
>>
>>55294118
>>55294155
This.
A broadcast is only received over a single subnet. Because you've split it up PC2 isn't forwarding the broadcast to the .0/24 subnet.
Set PC 2 up to bridge the two interfaces and it'll work.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.