[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Awesome open-source software that's not widely known. I'll
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: ffb55bf3025d0bde.png (13 KB, 586x160) Image search: [Google]
ffb55bf3025d0bde.png
13 KB, 586x160
Awesome open-source software that's not widely known.

I'll start:
>Syncthing
>not in the /g/ gnu/linux wiki

This thing is the bees knees. Dropbox was segfaulting on Fedora 24 so I installed syncthing on all of my devices and have left that proprietary hell behind.
>>
Synthing is just fantastic
sync 2 PC at work
with 2 PC at home
with Android
>>
when: a minimalistic command-line calendar application

http://lightandmatter.com/when/when.html

Type "when e" to edit a plaintext file and schedule stuff:
2016 june 27, make bad posts

Type "when" to print entries for the next 2 weeks to stdout

Since it's all just plaintext, it can very easily be hooked into other things, like notification daemons.
>>
So all I have to do is some initial configuring for each device, and then it'll sync whenever I have it running on both devices?

This seems too good to be true.
>>
>>55286652
Syncthing is actually a well known package but why would you use that if you have your own file server?
>>
>>55288464
yes, it works perfectly
>>
>>55286652
I would love to use this but it doesn't work with external SD cards on Android, even with root - making it absolutely useless.
>>
>>55288483
I like having a 'mesh' network of devices on multiple networks so that if a computer or network is down all of my files continue syncing and backing themselves up
>>
>>55286652
>SoundKonverter
>KolourPaint
>gnome-screenshot
>>
>>55288893
what? I use with my cell and tablet, syncs a folder in external sd with no complaints.

absolutely useless is the way they keep trying to nerf sd cards in android, though.
>>
>>55291288
what the shit?
what version of Android?
>>
>>55291402
Kitkat on cheap tablet and moto/g/.

Of course, I've got both rooted. Maybe that's what's bugging you access to sd card.

I use my desktop as "master" and both sync a folder, it's really that simple.
>>
>>55293236
yeah that's it. it doesn't work on 5+ AFAIK :(
>>
File: google.com.jpg (6 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
google.com.jpg
6 KB, 225x225
>>55286652
Puredata
>>
>>55286652 It cant encrypt data on disk. So you cant store your private files on remote server. And there is no iOS client.
BTsync is a winner here. Sorry foss-fags.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.