[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The SE is objectively the best iOS device available. Prove me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (70 KB, 800x686) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70 KB, 800x686
The SE is objectively the best iOS device available. Prove me wrong.

Proti- fuck it
>>
File: 1461906298466.jpg (214 KB, 658x595) Image search: [Google]
1461906298466.jpg
214 KB, 658x595
Buyers remorse
>fell the small iPhone screen meme
>>
>>55282996
A solid turd is better than a runny turd but they're still both shit.
>>
>>55282996
It's the last iPhone my gf is going to have. The screen cracked from a small fall, the casing got bruised after it going into a case, and when it gets hot, the microphone stops working. It's an anecdote, by the way.
>>
>>55282996
>a 4k camera
>on a tiny screen thats not even 1080p

literally laughing my ass off 2bh
>>
>>55282996
My LG V10 says otherwise.
Feels good to have the best phone
>>
>>55283088
Your LG V10 is an iOS device?
>>
Should I buy this shit or S7?
inb4 >>>/spg/
>>
The iPod Touch 6G is the best bang-for-buck by far, and the best form factor. Only knock against it is it doesn't have GPS.
>>
>>55283313
s7 edge
>>
>>55283057
There is zero reason for a 4" display to be 1080p.
>>
iOS is still designed around the 4" screen. The larger iPhones just have more space around everything, but the elements are all the same size. What's the point?
>>
>>55282996
>he can't afford a 6s+
>>
>>55284097
To be able to see more content when reading web pages, PDFs, and other documents. To not have to squint at a small screen. There's a lot of point.
>>
You literally have to be a Turbo manlet with super girly hands to use this shit. Tried typing on one at best buy and my thumb covered like 25% of the screen lmao.
>>
>>55284188
Large phones are for people who use their phone for everything.

I have a laptop and an ebook reader, so a large phone makes no sense, since what it's "good" (read: less shit) at, like watching movies, reading books, and playing games, are things that can be done much better on other devices. If I'm reading a long big of text or heavily interacting with a webpage or watching a video on my phone it's only in a pinch because I don't have immediate access to something better, and for those times 4" will work well enough (and be much much better for what I mostly use a smartphone for, which is interacting with it for a few seconds at a time, ideally with one hand).
>>
>>55284195
You must have MASSIVE hands if you can reach all of a 5" phone with one hand (without shuffling the phone around in your hand). You'd need 6" thumbs.
>>
>>55284243
Large phones are for people who wants large phones. I personally can't stand small smartphones and wouldn't even consider anything smaller than a 6/6s, even if I had the perfect laptop, desktop, reader or whatever. The screen is smaller, which means a smaller keyboard and cramped space whenever I want to do anything outside of an app. Fuck that. But it's just a matter of different preferences. If you like small phones, enjoy them. I personally can't stand em.
>>
Bought one yesterday, getting it tomorrow. Am stoked.
>her face when anon sends a green bubble.
>>
File: threadshot_1461008853048.png (152 KB, 1080x958) Image search: [Google]
threadshot_1461008853048.png
152 KB, 1080x958
Too bad it's still a huge piece of shit. If I could have bluetooth file sharing, a microsd slot, and a native file browser then I would honestly buy an iPhone. But those 3 basic features seems like they will never exist. I'm fine with all the other problems iPhones have desu.
>>
>>55284502
That pic...
Not anymore
Dont need it
Dont need to
Possibly, but whats the gain of a higher res?
Objectively wrong
Great battery life considering size
Best mobile os. Just werks and no botnet.
It's a fucking phone, use dropbox or a computer.
Agdsfhs what?
True, itunes is utter shit, though i havent used it once in the 4 years ive had my iphone.
Whats this obsession with files? Its a phone, not a spaceship.
Wouldn't know, havent used it.
Never thought people would prefer a back button instead of swiping from the left. Ive mispressed the back button more than i have intentionally used it.
False.
Less because they are checked for malware. What android specific apps do people miss on ios?
Everything is, save extreme niches like linux. You can hide from the botnet, but not the gubberment.

Most of peoples problems with iphones would vanish if they stopped using their phones instead of a conputer. Buy a 2-in-1 tablet then.
>>
>>55284617
Thank you panjeet, 50 rupees have been deposited to your apple positivity account.
>>
>>55284660
Atleast refute one point.
>>
>>55284698
All your points are the same itoddler sour grapes.
>>
>>55284502
>Probably
>Not really needed if you have the pesos
>A smartphone is probably the last device I own that I would like to torrent on
>Yes, we need more placebo specs
>Not really, honestly
>Not really, the 6s plus especially is actually pretty good
>opinions
>For what? To manage your torrents?
>Buy a fucking USB stick for 5 USD. I never saw anyone use their smartphone as a flash drive, it's just not suited for that.
>There are alternatives, but I agree, it's annoying
>What files exactly?
>I miss 2005 too man
>Oh no!!!
>It's actually very efficient the way it's done on iOS
>Maybe, but they are usually far better quality.
>Tinfoil argument.
>>
>>55284722
And all yours are memes. This place is 18+ Now go outside and eat sand.
>>
>>55284617
>>55284800
>sour grapes everytime
kek
>>
>>55283056
My wife's son experienced the exact same thing
>>
>>55282996
Is a high end iPhone for a price of a mid-range Java phone, but I stay for the second generation
>>
File: seriously.png (309 KB, 529x550) Image search: [Google]
seriously.png
309 KB, 529x550
>>55283057

>wanting a 4k display on a 4" device
>being this clueless
>>
File: memelords laughing.png (231 KB, 643x537) Image search: [Google]
memelords laughing.png
231 KB, 643x537
>>55284163
>he thinks a 6s+ is expensive
>>
>>55284978
I doubt the SE will get a refresh for at least 2 years.
>>
>>55284275
Shh, he compensates for his penis size with his phone. Let him be.
>>
File: REKT.jpg (109 KB, 720x713) Image search: [Google]
REKT.jpg
109 KB, 720x713
>>55284811
>>
>>55284811
>facts are now memes
lmao
>>
>>55285066
>MFW 7.5 incher with 4 inch iPhone SE
>>
>>55285242
>MFW 5 incher with 4 inch iphone 5/se.
I dont think theres a correlation between penis size and phone size.
>>
The iPhone 5 format is comfy as fuck and it has great battery life the but lack of 3d touch stops me from buying it.
>>
>>55285756
It's just like the cars. The bigger the phone the smaller the dick
>>
>>55285756
There is.
>>
>>55285821
>manlet in denial
kek
>>
Does the SE have the best battery life of any new smartphone you can buy? (short of some 5000mah novelty Android phone?)
>>
>apple is the only company making sub 5inch flagship phones

why do android fags have to correlate screen size with how good a phone is?
>>
File: iPhone-SE2.001.png (95 KB, 980x720) Image search: [Google]
iPhone-SE2.001.png
95 KB, 980x720
>>55285863
its bretty gud m8
>>
>>55285876
Sony still is, but I've heard of lots of quality problems with the Xperia compacts.

Still, they manage to stick a screen nearly as large as the iPhone 6 into a body nearly as small as the iPhone 5. It's really the size the one-true-iPhone should be.
>>
>>55285886
Android phones have come a long way. I thought rhey were still being totally BTFO for battery life.
>>
>>55282996
It is the best, it fits in every asshole perfectly.

Only problem is my case makes people think it's a 5. I'm like, there needs to be SE printed on the apple too, so people know it's an SE and not a fucking 5.

Fucking hell it's got the A9 chip in a 4 inch form factor, that's some gorgeous shit. That's some gorgeous shit right there.

6S speed at a 5S form? Yes please apple let me gargle those balls.
>>
>>55285951
Looking to getting an iPhone.
Which should i get, iPhone 6 or iPhone SE?
>>
>>55285920
The compact isnt nearly as small as the iPhone 5 is much much wider.
>>
>>55285920
...you can see here how much more efficient the Xperia is in terms of screen-to-footprint:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sSLvnCtcnA

...although much of the time the difference will be taken up my on-screen buttons.
>>
>>55285951
Are you fucking serious?

I like that it looks like an older phone. Less likely to be stolen.
>>
>>55285972
SE is 6s in 5s shell
>>
>>55285972
SE nigga. 6 has the A8. Quite frankly, that's pretty much homeless LA guy who is pushing three shopping carts around tier. The A8 is a fucking joke.

I'm not kidding. The day the SE was announced, I sold that 6 and got the SE and it was no mistake. The A9 fucking destroyed it.

Now now, there'll be people bitching about the camera or the screen but that's an ass issue. The chip makes the phone 200 times better than the 6 alone.

You want a big screen iphone, get a 6S. If not get the SE. There's """"""""literally"""""""""" no reason to ever ever EVER own a 6 now.
>>
>>55286031
Just wondering about the screensize difference between 6 and SE.

Is it worth it to sacrifice performance for a bit bigger screen?
>>
>>55286035
SE it is!
Or maybe i should just get a chink Android phone and save some money...
>>
>>55286049
I don't think .7 inches is enough to compensate the downsides.
>>55285886
>>
>>55284800
>>55284617
>b-but it isn't necessary
>damage controlling this hard
>>
>>55286049
I'm not going to lie here, iOS is perfectly suited for 4 inches. The 4.7" is pretty much its limit and at 5.5" things fall apart a little.

The screens are better on the 6 and 6S but that A9 chip more than makes up for it on the SE.
>>
>>55285992
The SE is a bit smaller in every dimension, but not by that much: http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=7969&idPhone2=7535

The Z5 should be perfectly usable in one hand and will fit into any pocket just fine, which is the point. It's only real problem is that it's priced like an iPhone, when people have come to expect Android phones to be cheaper.
>>
>>55284275
Usually you never need to reach for the top left corner, so using all the "useful" space is easy one handed even on bigger phones.
>>
>>55286049
Really a matter of preference. But as others have said iOS really is designed for the 4" phones first, and then simply stretched out for larger devices (iPads looks utterly ridiculous with their tiny icons with seas of space between). Obviously it's SLIGHTLY better watching a video or browsing a webpage with a 4.7 vs. 4" screen, but that's like saying it's slightly better to have someone shit in your cereal vs. diarrhea. In either case it still sucks, and I wouldn't base a buying decision around a use case so stupid to begin with.
>>
>>55286172
>that's like saying it's slightly better to have someone shit in your cereal vs. diarrhea.

kek
>>
>>55282996
Agreed.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.