[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where are the small androids?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: iphonese-select-2016.jpg (81 KB, 1200x630) Image search: [Google]
iphonese-select-2016.jpg
81 KB, 1200x630
It seems really stupid, but I can't think of a reason why no major manufacturer is making a small good phone. The iPhone SE is kind of there but it's Apple.

Where are the Androids? The Sony Z seems to be dead and the X is DOA, Samsung is keeping mum on an S7 Mini, LG who I would love to buy from isn't making anything worth while small and Motorola blew up in size and then sold out under lenovo.

Here's what I'd like to see

820 SoC
2K AMOLED
4-4.5" Screen
3,000 mah battery
SD card slot
Android 6.0.1
Thumbprint reader (preferably on the side)
15MP rear camera (laser focusing would be nice, but better low light capabilites are more important)
5MP front camera
Quickcharge 3.0
Qi/Wireless charging
Bluetooth 4.2
USB-C
Stereo front speakers
(A nice DAC would be nice too)
~$450

Make the damn thing thicker if need be, 0.40" isn't crazy thick, used to be considered damn near svelte and now we're talking 0.30" and looking at a trend lower.

It looks like a giant fucking hole in the market just begging to be filled, but everyone seems reluctant for some reason.

Why?
>>
>>55279915
Smealum called, he wants his ring back Frodo.
>>
small phones are for beta manlets.
>>
>>55279928
wat
>>
>>55279956
Give it back nigger.
>>
>/g/
>intelligent discussion
>>
>>55279915
Go search for it then faggot.
http://www.gsmarena.com/results.php3?nYearMin=2014&fDisplayInchesMax=5
>>
>>55280099
He's probably used siri to search for it
>>
The Z5 Compact is pretty good. I've had mine since last October.
>>
>>55280109
Nice English rajeet.
>>
>>55280099
Only result nearly as close is the Sony Xerpia Performance X.

At $700.

Without AMOLED which saves a good chunk of battery. And 1080P resolution. And MicroUSB instead of USB-C. And only QC2, and no wireless charging.

Oh and the battery is sub 3,000mah.

http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_x_performance-7949.php

For your own edification.

And it isn't even out yet.

So...doesn't exist.

>>55280133
The Z5C is a nice piece of kit, but it's very expensive for what it is, especially in light of recent developments in the phone world.

I love the concept that birthed it, but I'm still unhappy about where we are now.
>>
>Where are the Androids?
They're definitely coming. Lagdroid manufacturers would be retarded if they're not making smaller high-end models after seeing how big the demand for SE is.

>>55279956
He's calling you a manlet newfag.
>>
>>55280716
>They're definitely coming.
Yes, but they'll arrive late and poorly implemented.
And they'll lag.
>>
File: T815_ID_600.jpg (87 KB, 600x382) Image search: [Google]
T815_ID_600.jpg
87 KB, 600x382
>>55279915
Mine has a 4" screen, costs $14 from my local Coles and is more functional than even the $1500 iPhone 6s Plus.
Doesn't lag after a root and some debloating and battery life is awesome as fuck.

Phone is ZTE T815.
>>
>>55279915
I hear you. I kept waiting for the best version of the z compact but they always seem to make compromises. The Z3 had a garbage camera for example.

I'm seriously considering the SE. I always thought the 5/5s was sexy. Never had an iPhone before.
>>
File: 1440414753213.jpg (12 KB, 236x236) Image search: [Google]
1440414753213.jpg
12 KB, 236x236
>>55281898
Okay macfag. But they'll sell either way and I'll buy it.
>>
>>55281932
If you use your phone for apps not for tinkering and shit like that an iPhone wouldn't be bad for you. If you need root shit then no don't get the SE.
>>
>>55280137
Not that guy, but his English is actually accurate.
>>
>>55281929
Now that is one shit phone. Jesus Christ I'm glad I can't remember what it was like to be poor.
>>
You can tell someone is incredibly insecure when they use phone size to identify masculinity. It's like those faggots who buy gigantic trucks to compensate for inadequacies.
>>
>>55282141
Meh, I don't need better. Runs all my social media apps and phone + calls just fine. Browser is adequate for 4chan.
I wish the screen wasn't TN though.

Tech has advanced so much that even the cheapest phone on the market can do everything the average joe needs.
>>
>>55282123
The days of tinkering ended when I retired my old HD2.

Thanks for the advice. I'll probably grab it.
>>
>>55281929
God damn my pizza costs more than this. Pretty sweet deal.
>>
>>55282170
Same. Loved tinkering with the trusty HD2 until the USB didn't work anymore. An SE is similar in size and has a more premium feel to it.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.