[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the best fm transmitters for a "ham" radio.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
What are the best fm transmitters for a "ham" radio. Preferably ~2-5 mile radius. Also ways to hide it and the antenna. I'm thinking of streaming shoutcast to the transmitter to operate it from a distance.
>>
>>55279150
Go to /dyi/ .
Seriusly they have a better understanding of Electronical components then us.
>>
>>55279171
>/dyi/
>Not /diy/

You can all just kill me at this point.
>>
Not OP

I've been always fascinated by this kind of stuff but seems like it is being more and more pointless as the time keeps running. Is there some benefit nowadays more than putting effort for fun?
>>
>>55279256
Not really.
Not unless you want to transmit data for keks.
>>
>>55279294
Well, I was more about radio stuff, like the 90s pirate radios. But I guess you still have the point of doing it for the lulz
>>
>>55279327
The FCC or the local variation of it would be on your ass faster then you can scream "nigger".

Pirate radios use FM while you can freely use the AM radio(atleast where i'm from if you have a license and declare your intentions with the your local variant of the FCC, which in my case is Anacom).
>>
>>55279371
I think I never heard of anylne who listen to AM. Ever. Not in a toxic way, just saying.
>>
when you say FM do you mean the commercial FM band?

good luck finding an illegal transmitter on sale. you pretty much have to build from scratch if its overtly illegal.
>>
>>55279150
It's easy to track down radio signals. Your pirate radio station would be found within an hour if someone really wanted to.
>>
>>55279602
Ever heard of Rinse FM? A fairly popular, now legal radio station in the UK. In their pirate radio days in the mid 2000s they transmitted in random friends kitchens moving from location to location.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.