[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Chinese have gotten into the Antivirus business. http:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: Untitled.jpg (74 KB, 900x586) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
74 KB, 900x586
The Chinese have gotten into the Antivirus business.

http://uk.pcmag.com/360-internet-security-2013/4692/review/qihoo-360-total-security-essential-86
>>
File: 1466686388802.gif (22 KB, 310x760) Image search: [Google]
1466686388802.gif
22 KB, 310x760
*botnet business

Fixed it senpai
>>
>>55269387
>China
>Antivirus
Choose one
>>
>>55269387
The Chinese have been there for quite a while and have a strong domestic market presence

All the big players like Baidu and tencent and even much smaller ones have antivirus solutions
>>
AVs are basically rootkits anyway, I don't see what makes this more untrustworthy than what's already available.
>>
>>55269473
MSE + malwarebytes is the only AV you need.
>>
>>55269473
Lack of responsibility and checks/balance system.

If a US company fucks up, they'll get sued and taken to court. If the Chinese fucks up, you're fucked.
>>
>>55269473
In 2010, 360 Safeguard analyzed the QQ protocol and accused QQ of automatically scanning users' computers and of uploading their personal information to QQ's servers without users' consent. In response, Tencent called 360 itself malware and denied users with 360 installed access to some QQ services. The Chinese Ministry of Industry and Information reprimanded both companies for "improper competition" and ordered them to come to an accord.[2]

You can't chink a chink without getting chinked.
>>
>>55269534

Except that's not what happens, you agree to a TOS when you use their software. You agree that whatever happens you cannot sue the company. I have never seen an American AV company held accountable for anything.
>>
>>55269507
and malwarebytes anti-exploit
>>
>>55269670
American AV companies haven't stole credit cards, personal information, etc.

A Chinese company could do that.
>>
>>55269387
this thing is not new
>>
Trusting chink software ever.
>>
>>55269557
>QQ

Literally cucked
>>
>>55269387
Install Red Flag.
>>
>Facebook login
>>
>>55269387
>2016
>Trusting People's Liberation Army of People's Republic of China to secure your machine

Good chicken! Fox is bestest guarantor of safety
>>
Common Sense master race reporting in. Enjoy your botnet.
>>
>>55269507
Fuck disabling mse was so hard. Apparatly there is no group policy editor in Windows home, so I had to do some weird hacks and downloads to get it to appear. Then when I finally made group policy editor work, it was bugged and mse didn't appear in the list to disable it.

I finally resorted to going to C:/Program Files/Windows Defender/, taking ownership of it, then removing all permissions so it couldn't be opened, read, but edited, or ran.

Fuck mse.
>>
>>55269387

>just now finding this

been using them for over a year

the only complaint av-test.org could muster up is trying to say that the bitdefender and avira engines which are supplised but optional arent in by default so its not as "safe"

once you add them in whic his a click of the button its better than any paid shit
>>
>chinese antivirus
isn't that an oxymoron
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.