[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: uBlock-logo.jpg (13 KB, 644x336) Image search: [Google]
uBlock-logo.jpg
13 KB, 644x336
We use external cloud font provider as a font solution at work. Its total shit, comes in multiple MB even for one font for our user to render, has to deal with fallbacking but what triggers me and noone actually listens is that they place their fucking tracking gifs at the DOM upon font download.

Tried to tell the CTO that they can see info about our end users and that i believe its sensitive information as they are getting that shit just like that.
Still doesnt care.

My question is, does uBlock block the request for the gif ? How ? is the structure parsed to the browser, then the http request is recognised before being rendered and blocked ?
>>
>>55265343
ublock manages loading of resources from domains.

If you blacklist that domain, none of the files will be downloaded from it. Not fonts or gifs or anything else.

It also has an advanced mode that manages javascript execution per domain.

You might need umatrix if you want to whitelist the domain for fonts but blacklist it for other resources.
>>
>>55265379
yeah umatrix is what youre looking for op
>>
>>55265343
UBlock can't really block anything, it can only hide elements and images.
>>
>>55265819
>actually spreading misinformation
wew
>>
>>55266000
patrick would be so proud
>>
>>55266029
what?
proof: https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock/wiki/Does-uBlock-block-ads-or-just-hide-them%3F
>>
>>55266103
So what does this mean in layman's terms. Is uBlock good or bad?
>>
File: 12955457.jpg (60 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
12955457.jpg
60 KB, 400x600
>>55266103
>software religiously shilled on 4chan and reddit
>frustrated that anonymous sources spread mis-information
>>
>>55265343
you company has a deal with that company to share info.
its as simple as that.
>>
>>55266639
>shilling literal free-as-in-freedom software

How?
>>
>>55266187
>layman's terms
What are you even doing here?

uBlock is good. It supports cosmetic filters (only hiding the elements) as well as network filters (not loading the elements). All the ads are blocked by network filters, so they aren't downloaded.
>>
>>55266187

it means ublock origin blocks network requests so you aren't connecting to any ad servers / tracking servers.

it also means that >>55265819 should kill himself
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.