[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just got a Raspberry Pi 2 model B, give me a project to work
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6
File: rpi-2-model-b_1-800x609.jpg (400 KB, 800x609) Image search: [Google]
rpi-2-model-b_1-800x609.jpg
400 KB, 800x609
Just got a Raspberry Pi 2 model B, give me a project to work on with it.
>>
install gentoo
>>
Reverse-engineer the GPU
>>
what's with RPi shitters and buying these things with nothing in mind for them
>>
>>55264402
This actually sounds interesting, how would I start doing this?
>>
>>55264410
Right now there's not much information on how the firmware operates, since the free driver is more or less a shim that runs off FW.
It's likely going to involve studying the binary firmware and figuring out how to dump running data from the GPU.
It's proven to have been difficult, although I'm sure others may have attempted it.
>>
>>55264504
Alright, thanks. I'll look into it a bit more
>>
File: you've been here too long.jpg (1 KB, 125x49) Image search: [Google]
you've been here too long.jpg
1 KB, 125x49
>buy shit
>find a use for it
That's the wrong order.
>>
File: 1466260824543.png (141 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1466260824543.png
141 KB, 512x512
Just use Windows 10 on a normal computer, whats the point of using these shit mobile computers anyways? I swear to fucking god every time I see some autist try and use these, or ask for help regarding the shit rasberry pi """""computer""""" It makes me step onebday closer to fucking killing myself. I MEAN FUCK, there's literally no valid reason any normal person, or even your normal /g/ autist should even consider buying one of these pieces of shit. All this post really shows is OP's ignorance of microcomputing, and what using a computer is for. I mean it just makes ms so mad to see people use a fucking ARM based computer, then expect the peice of shit to actually function, let alone think they can be used for developement based projects. Last is the fucking hipster shit fucks who make """"gaymer""" tier """"emulation"""" """"consoles"""" Thats not only a waste of a shit computer, but a waste time, energy, and recourses.

Literally fucking kill yourself
fucking autists
>>
>>55264402
Already being worked on.
https://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/log/src/gallium/drivers/vc4
This is the remaining shit to do. Hardware accelerated video decode would be super duper as only omxplayer can do this atm.
http://elinux.org/RPi_Upstreaming
>>
>>55264590
wew lad
>>
>>55264553
no fun allowed
>>
I use mine to test network setups.
Like using one to host a website and another to redirect the dns to that website.
you could get the same thing to work using containers, but this is more fun.
>>
>>55264378
make some spaghetti
>>
>>55264644
Huh, haven't thought about that. I will definitely be using it for security tests now.
>>
>>55264630
>Condoms are cheap, but do you buy a pack?
I got one for free once and carried it with me for five years until I gave up on that idea and threw it away.
>>
>>55264670
it is nice because you don't have to bloat your own computer or use bad settings on your own computer to do it.
And once you have a setup you like, you can easily throw the setup on a real server, or use the pi as one (if there is only a few clients)
>>
>>55264553
FUCK YOU TRIGGERED FUCK YOU TRIGGERED FUCK YOU TRIGGERED FUCK YOU TRIGGERED FUCK YOU TRIGGERED FUCK YOU TRIGGERED FUCK YOU TRIGGERED FUCK YOU TRIGGERED FUCK YOU TRIGGERED FUCK YOU TRIGGERED FUCK YOU TRIGGERED FUCK YOU TRIGGERED FUCK YOU TRIGGERED FUCK YOU TRIGGERED FUCK YOU TRIGGERED FUCK YOU TRIGGERED FUCK YOU TRIGGERED FUCK YOU TRIGGERED FUCK YOU TRIGGERED FUCK YOU TRIGGERED FUCK YOU TRIGGERED FUCK YOU TRIGGERED FUCK YOU TRIGGERED FUCK YOU TRIGGERED FUCK YOU TRIGGERED FUCK YOU TRIGGERED FUCK YOU TRIGGERED FUCK YOU TRIGGERED FUCK YOU TRIGGERED FUCK YOU TRIGGERED FUCK YOU TRIGGERED FUCK YOU TRIGGERED FUCK YOU TRIGGERED
>>
File: unreadable.jpg (159 KB, 1795x709) Image search: [Google]
unreadable.jpg
159 KB, 1795x709
>>55264553
>>55264887
found the full size on my computer for anyone who likes reading
>>
>>55264378
Cuckberry pie
>>
>>55264590
How do i use The rpi?
>>
get some electronic modules and use the rpi to communicate wit it

e.g. read out an eeprom, display shit on a simple lcd module, hook it up to an rtc, flash an mcu, ...
>>
>>55264928

Was his family Christian?
>>
>>55264590
Oh its this shit again
>>
>>55264378
You're supposed to think of a project first and then buy one.

Plug in a second ethernet adapter and make it into an isolating tor proxy for your super secret hacker known as fourchan completely anonymous hacking workstation.
>>
File: 1459613572223.png (264 KB, 540x429) Image search: [Google]
1459613572223.png
264 KB, 540x429
>>55264675
Too close to home, anon.
>>
A couple projects I did with my raspi:

-RetroPi
-NFS/Samba automatic backup and file server
-Pihole
>>
I would really like to build a raspberry pi weather station. They had some kits they only sold to schools, but they have instructions on how to build your own.
>>
>>55264390
That actually is a pretty nice project.
>>
File: r64654646.jpg (62 KB, 619x619) Image search: [Google]
r64654646.jpg
62 KB, 619x619
I made cheap honey pot for retards and got sum passwords.
>>
>>55264378
Automatic toilet which transforms to a formula 1 car
Impress /g/
>>
Get a 16x2 LCD and some components and try outputting data (e.g. CPU freq, temps, etc) from your computer to the RPi for display on the LCD.
If you're into games, try outputting info from the game, framerate data, whatever.
>>
>>55264378
build an autonomous car.
I want to do that with muh old raspberry b, but I am too lazy m9
>>
>>55264378
Check reddit, all you are gonna get here is "Install Gentoo" - https://www.reddit.com/r/raspberry_pi/comments/41vbs8/new_persons_guide_to_the_pi_and_updated_example/
>>
>>55268582
>Check reddit
nice meme :^)
10/10
>>
>>55264390
Damn it, this guy beat me to it. Do this OP
>>
>>55264378
Add some sensors to it so it knows when it is being squeezed, house it inside a butt plug and give it a twitter account. Walk around with it inside your butt and track how often you clench your butt.
>>
>>55264933
Lmao
>>
>>55264378
Buy 3 tons of RGB LED strips.
Put them on your bedroom.
Connect them to the RPi
Connect a sound system to RPi.
Connect a Bluetooth dongle to the RPi.
Program the RPi to automatically connect to your phone when you get near it.
Program it to check the last song you played.
And make it set the LED's the mood of that song and make it play a playlist based on that song.

Thats what I'm doing right now.

>Now I just need to wait for the LED strips to arrive.
>>
>>55265697
Here's a password: gofuk0ffuautisticpuck
>>
Make a portable vpn
>>
I have a Raspberry Pi however I was thinking about using using it as a cheap dyi marine aquarium controller for example turning off heaters and pumps from external inputs like pH and temperature.

Is there a way to like hook up a I/O box to the Pi and some good after market probes that coukd work with it?
>>
Write a kernel in rust.
>>
Get a string & tie the pi to ur neck like a necklace. Then walk through the local mall showing the world wat a geek u r. Th@ will B much talked about @ ur 7th grade classroom. The girls luv th@
>>
>mfw I'm turning one into an automatic food/milk/water dispenser for a baby crib.
>>
>>55270118
Wouldn't that be better done with a micro controller instead of a full fledged cpu?
>>
>>55270162
Probably, maybe I could do more with it to make it worth it.

I was thinking of adding a speaker to play lullaby songs and some way to add an electrical current to the rails of the crib.
>>
>>55270220
I like the way you think anon.
>>
>>55264590
oh, i'm sorry that raspberry pi's are cheap, and use nearly no power and have enough power for nearly all small servers such as webservers,

Nobody ever intended to install gentoo or winbackdoor10 on a raspberry pi without sarcasm or wanting to push it to a limit.

Raspberry pi's are cheap servers which comsume 5 fucking watts. yes an old pc can also does that, and draw 10 times the electricity, and it is way bigger in size.
>>
Try to make a paperweight
>>
>>55270162
I see the RPI as a prototyping tool, in a way.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.