[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Oracle employee AMA
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 1
File: oracle-org-chart-300x195.png (55 KB, 300x195) Image search: [Google]
oracle-org-chart-300x195.png
55 KB, 300x195
Ask an Oracle employee anything!
>>
are you still relevant?
>>
legal or engineering?
>>
>>55262462
I guess so. We are pretty much everywhere.

>>55262464
I currently deal with both
>>
>>55262456
What's your job there? What do you do?
>>
>>55262456
Can you give Sun back? Thanks.

Fuck you, by the way.
>>
How long have you worked for oracle?
>>
>>55262555
Pretty much this post exactly
>>
>>55262551
I give IT consulting to the sales reps and give them quotes based on what the customers need.

>>55262555
No, we like our Exadatas and they sell well. We did fuck up thinking we could monetize the Java APIs and sue Google though.

>>55262564
About half of a year.
>>
Is your job political? What is the promotional structure like? At my company they claim to have gotten rid of stack ranking, but one of my former managers admitted they do it anyways.

I work at a similar company and hate the politics but imagine it's no different at any other F50 tech company.
>>
Fuck off to reddit. This is a technology board dammit
>>
>>55262671
We have something similar to a stack ranking but only use it to determine if someone should be fired or if that person can be assigned more complicated work. It does not necessarily imply that you will have a higher position in the hierarchy or that you will have a better salary, although it can always help to influence managers in promoting you.
>>
>>55262798
Do you get tuition assistance at Oracle? Any work from home options?
>>
>>55262456
redwood shores? I work for a competitor down in palo alto
>>
>>55262555
Sun was fucked, if oracle hadn't bought them, IBM was about to.
>>
>>55262823
They pay a percent (based on the university) of your post grad studies. Also, many Oracle University courses are free for employees. Yes, they are very flexible in working from home options.

>>55262826
I'm not in the US.

>>55262832
Why was Sun fucked? Tell me more.
>>
What was the convention a few weeks back in Vegas about? I saw a whole bunch of employees at one of the hotels.
>>
>>55262901
Sun had fucked their finances with the dot com bust they had also miss-predicted some other investments. They needed to sell and fast, a few weeks later they would have lost a ton of value and gone bankrupt.
>>
>>55262906
I didn't go but it was to promote our cloud -based marketing tools to our potential and current customers.
>>
>>55262832
Better IBM than fucking Oracle. I know Sun was fucked, but literally the worst company who could have bought them, did.
>>
>>55262456
Hi
Is it okay to ask you things about virtualbox or are you not in that dept.?
>>
>>55263003
IBM just got themselves out basically every business that Sun was in, so...
>>
Where can I do Oracle certification course in India?

Is it online, or offline?
>>
>>55263060
Your point?
>>
salary?
>>
>>55263110
loo
>>
>>55263110
why would he know that pajeet
>>
>>55262939
Ok thanks for the info, just read about that on Wikipedia.

>>55263015
Sorry I'm not in that department :(
>>
>>55263173
Can you give me an email ID so I can ask them?
>>
>>55263110
I've only seen the online courses. Don't know where to find the offline ones.

>>55263135
A lot higher than my former classmates that I studied engineering with.
>>
>>55263181
Google Oracle University and get info.
>>
>>55263225
> A lot higher than my former classmates that I studied engineering with.

you didn't answer the question
>>
>>55263181
>>55263240

Sorry I thought you were the guy asking for the courses. Which country are you in?
>>
>>55263262
I just want to contact with the virtualbox team
>>
>>55262456
what did you score on sat. srs
>>
Why does it take so much to engineering to fix shit? I'm an administrator of a 600+ inventory and a cluster has been failing since forever and the only recommendation is to update. We updated and now engineering takes ageeees. This is the super support our business pay?
>>
>>55262555
Trips of truth.

Fuck you, OP. Fuck you and your evil cunt company. Tell Larry Elison that Oracle's time is limited because EVERYONE who knows anything about software fucking hates him and his company.
>>
I don't know much about Oracle, but my dad works at ADP and whenever he's bragging about a deal he made, a lot of the time he mentions that a customer was upset with Oracle. Obviously he's on the sales and not the tech side of things, but how does it feel to be so utterly BTFO by an anonymous comment on a Chinese cartoon board?
>>
Give us some information on how the actual codebase is managed.

If you find a horrible looking piece of C, and submit a refactoring that cleans it up, are you going to get the "this didn't implement sales priority x" type arrangement or will someone actually be thankful?

Has anything like afl-fuzz ever been used?

I'm constantly amazed by how fragile the code seems to be and I'm hoping you can enlighten me around why.
>>
>>55262456
Why is oracle apex 5 such a laggy, bloated and unintuitive piece of shit?
>>
Do you work on Oracle DB or some other product?

What do you think about Berkeley DB?
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.