[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tech stories
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: ayy_lmao.gif (4 MB, 360x203) Image search: [Google]
ayy_lmao.gif
4 MB, 360x203
>mom still using an old windows vista dual core laptop
>color is fading from age and all that, but the keys haven't even started fading yet
>offer to buy her a new laptop, but she refuses because at the time I was between jobs
>still occasionally complains about how slow it is
>offer to make it fast for her, she agrees as long as it doesn't cost me anything
>back up all her data
>install Ubuntu mate
>install and configure powertop
>configure it to look more like windows
>show her how it's similar to windows but it'll also take a little getting used to because it's slightly different
>mfw she loves it

She still calls occasionally when something happens and she gets confused, but it's been much better than when she was on vista.

Greentext thread?
>>
>>55259320
>Things that didn't happen the thread
>Meet Taylor Swift in Austin
>She be-all like "hey me and Selena Gomez think you're super hot ~uguuuu"
>"Can you give me paizuri while Selena Gomez licks your head senpai plz?"
>I deny them both, sheath my katana and bid them good day. I go home to maaterbate to my one and only waifu konata
>3DPD, Konata is love, Konata is life
>>
>>55259414
I had something similar happen m8. But it was a w7 laptop that got bogged down with a bunch of viruses somehow.

Ubuntu mate is one of the easiest distros for people to move to since mate can be configured to look very similar to windows 7/xp which people are used to.

I also upgraded my mums laptop from 2gb to 4gb ram though, which may have helped.
>>
File: System_is_REALLY_down.png (344 KB, 538x360) Image search: [Google]
System_is_REALLY_down.png
344 KB, 538x360
>>55259414
>>
>>55259320
Asshole just killed that thing because it requires lots of energy for it to move, and if it doesn't catch any food it will pretty much die.
>>
File: you've been here too long.jpg (1 KB, 125x49) Image search: [Google]
you've been here too long.jpg
1 KB, 125x49
>>
>>55260043
Rage.
Pure rage.
>>
>>55259952
It doesn't require much energy to move.
It also gets nutrients, not energy, from bugs.It's a plant, it gets energy from light.
>>
>>55260043
W-wut
>>
>>55259320
I was expecting a rage story, turned out to be something good.
>>
>>55260043
3 4
>>
>>55260403
Op here.

You just got to be patient, these older and less tech literate people may actually listen if we don't act superior.
Thinking of buying her a 1080p laptop, or a 1440p desktop though. That 1280x720 14 inch screen can't be good for her eyes.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.