[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What gnu+loonis distro do you gentleman use, and why?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
What gnu+loonis distro do you gentleman use, and why?
>>
Kali because I only use it for cracking Wifi
Windows 7 Enterprise master race
>>
Arch on most of my laptops and workstations. Works well for me and I like the overall package management using pacaur.

I use CentOS on all but one of my servers (debian on the odd one) currently.

Currently comfy af with this setup.
>>
>>55259214
Arch on desktop, ubuntu on server
>>
If I'm feeling lazy, I will go with one of the Ubuntu flavors or linux mint. One because they are easy to install, and two because I started on Debian based distros.

I'm trying to re-immerse myself after two years with Windows for work reasons, so now I am running arch with i3.
>>
File: desktop.webm (1 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
desktop.webm
1 MB, 960x540
Sweet-OS on my main rig.

Fuck-off on my phone.
>>
File: 3058-256x256x4.png (8 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
3058-256x256x4.png
8 KB, 256x256
>>55259214
Debian GNU
Runs off of entirely free software and is stable and very secure once SystemD is replaced with superior SysVInit which is what I did. Literally the best GNU distribution, incredible for power users like me, Trisquel for beginners, installed Trisquel on parents computers and they use it for everything and love it.
>>
>>55259214
KDE neon
very stable and fast, buttery smooth
>>
>>55259389
Is Debian GNU OS hard to learn coming from Ubuntu?
>>
>>55259439
remember KDE being a resource hog. would I get buttery smoothness on my t420?
>>
>>55259440
It may have changed since I last used it, but ubuntu descended from debian so they are definitely similar. Think of debian as ubuntu where you have to do a little more work. You get a bit more customization out of it.

Just know that depending on how you install debian you aren't going to be getting the freshest packages.
>>
Manjaro i3 edition.

Manjaro cause pacman/aur, superficially cause I like the name/logo/colour scheme.

i3 because maximised screenspace, lightweight, efficiency. Also autism factor.

Tried i3 for lols, now I can't go back.
>>
>tfw fall for every board meme
Now I'm stuck with a thinkpad and potato face drawings and no gains
>>
exherbo because Gentoo done right.
>>
>>55259389
I felt guilty for adding non-free repos for a shitty firmware.
>>
>>55259214
Debian + XFCE
>>
Debian because it's piss easy to install with minimal cruft.
>>
>>55259362
Where can one find Sweet-OS?
>>
File: 2nsz02p.jpg (141 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
2nsz02p.jpg
141 KB, 1280x960
>>55259948

Are you me?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.