[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Comfy IRC rooms
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 1
Where do you even find comfy IRC rooms with a nice closeknit community?
>>
>irc
>post-2000

all of my why
>>
>>55257600
Rizon is the defacto 4chan irc server but nost people on there are heavily autistic as you would expect. Freenode is basically stack overflow in irc form
>>
>>55257600
Why would a close-knit community embrace you, a stranger, who has no knowledge of what keeps or brought them together?

I believe the answer to your question (albeit probably not the one you were looking for) is that if you don't know, it doesn't matter.

In real life also, this is the sort of thing you stumble upon.
>>
>>55257634
This.

It's the same as using usenet post 2005. There is just no reason to put up with all the shit that come with it.
>>
>>55257706
>not using IRCHighway
fucking plebs holy shit
>>
>>55258023
then where do you go?
>>
>>55258023
>not using Usenet in 2016

plebe
>>
you don't find them. you make them and you're at least 10 years late.
>>
>>55257600
>Not using Discord cause it's better
>>
>>55260313
>Joining the botnet
>>
>>55260319
>thinking it matters
>calling it botnet when in reality you already joined anything on the web
When will /g/ grow up and just let things be things?

>botnet
A network of private computers infected with malicious software and controlled as a group without the owners' knowledge, e.g., to send spam messages.
You're using it wrong anon
>>
>>55260338
It's not as if the colloquial meaning hasn't gained any traction, which you are pretending not to know, to deflect.
>>
>>55257600
Join #/g/tv

Tell guest8239 "your weekend is ticking away" for the lulz
>>
>>55260359
Not at all anon, it's that /g/ has this fascination of "LOL BOTNET" that they care too much. if it werks it werks. Who the fuck cares?
>>
>>55260400
Ah yes, the classic "if only people were limited to x level of sentiment".
>>
Am I no longer with it?
I still use IRC and usenet.
>>
>>55260437
what do you mean?
>>
>>55260462
It's futile to simply suggest that someone cares too much

People will find ways to care as much about other things unless things actually change in their brain to some extent

At least give people reasons to care more about other things

I've seen random comments made in the middle of arguments to do laundry or bills or some other outstanding task actually become focused on instead
>>
>>55260505
Some people cannot be altered into thinking different, but at least the thought of "Maybe I should try this" concept, like when I thought invader zim was dumb then I watched it, and loved it.
>>
>>55260545
No comments bout why Discord might be better were offered

nor the flaws/compromises a user may deal with to suggest validity
>>
>>55260566
Normally in situations like these, people will say the first thing that comes to their heads without a real reason unless asked.
Alright fine, I'll explain.
Here is my opinion as to Why to use discord:
1. comfy as fuck
2. easiest to install
3. Devs are handy and friendly all around, I tweet them once in a while and they almost always tweet me back in 10 minutes. (max a few hours but it was like 3am)
4. easy to manage, add roles, if you don't want the server, you can give it to someone else.
5. it can read what games you're playing and you can add in what you're doing like chrome, FF, Opera, word, whatever.
6. dark theme looks like Tomorrow theme
7. voice chat
8. completely ran on a server. you don't have to host shit like skype
9. soon voice 1 to 1 will happen, right now is only voice chat channels
10. video calling will soon be a thing too.

There's a lot of things they are doing and if you goto their feedback.discordapp.com you can post an idea, and the most votes will get it on discord.
>>
>not going into irc to talk mad shit
>>
>>55260669
as someone forced to use discord, irc is way comfier
>>
>>55257600
D-do you want to make a closeknit community with me?
>>
>>55260683
you forgot to add "yo"

>>55260730
I can understand if you've used it for years, also yes, there is a feature to make it look more irc. But, those are my reasons as to why I like it, but if you do not wish, oh well.
>>55260738
senpai pls
>>
>>55260774
>senpai pls
is that a yes, or, or a no?
>>
IRC basically requires you to set up a bouncer, which is a PITA. Or you could pay for one for like $5/mo.

And most people on IRC are old-timers who don't care much for faggots like you, OP. You wouldn't fit in.
>>
>>55260794
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

>>55260862
Cliquwa anon
>>
help I just want a community
I left all that I used to interact with a year ago
I'm so fucking lonely I just need people to talk to
>>
>>55260313
Remember to report all Discord links
>>
>>55260945
Why tho? there's a legit /g/ discord out there, but warning they are the type that act like they are better than you so ask yourself, do you want to join?

>>55260900
I'd let you join my main we have for 4chan, a small community of people but people who are around and will talk about shit but mostly music, we just don't have a lot of discussion right now. (discord is all)
>>
>>55261109
Please, that sounds great. Even if there isn't a lot of discussion you make it sound like there will be in the future.
>>
>>55261267
go check your meel
>>
>>55257600
I'm in a pretty comfy channel. Two members got married after meeting in the community.
>>
Lots of /g/ channels on rizon that are nice, I'd say the whole server is a pretty tight-knit community (you can pretty much join any channel with >20 people and know at least one person there). #code and #homescreen are both pretty comfy~
also, some of the /g/ telegrams are okay I guess
>>
>>55257600
I've been idling in two different channels with just under 400 users online between them for 3 hours and almost nothing has happened besides people joining/leaving..
>>
>>55261375
that's basically all damn IRCs and /g/ thinks it's the best way to communicate. You might as well be on facebook
>>
>>55260900
Just harass girls on younow like I do
>>
>>55261375
sounds like you're on freenode, rizon channels tend to be more active and community focused (rather than content focused). good channels are a place to hang out with similar people, not a place to circle jerk the same topic
>>
Who showderp here?
>>
>>55257706
rizons 8/4chan channel is full of retards. the entire rizon network is, as youve mentioned it, autistic.

freenode is way to ontopic though. try going into #linux and say something offtopic. I dare you.

>>55257634
>>55258023
what do you use? ICQ? skype?
IRC is a extreme lightweight and fully functioning chat that everyone can easily connect to with no software installation needed
>>
what are some comfy rizon rooms?
>>
>>55261420
I'm on Rizon in the #/tech/ and #/g/technology channels. Figured I'd go to something that I know to try it out.
>>
>join irc channel
>some guy messages says hi and sends private message

2creepy

but open to some irc channels recs. have a few that are probably already known
>>
>>55257600
You don't really "find" a comfy IRC. A comfy IRC finds you.
>>
>>55257600
>Where do you even find comfy IRC rooms with a nice closeknit community?
you don't
usually those irc rooms are quiet about their existence so that a flood of autists doesn't come around

Just like this site (imageboards in general), there's a certain amount of traffic/users that makes the service turn to shit
>>
>>55261499
oh I used to idle in #/g/technology and #/g/sicp, both were like that. I guess there are just some rizon channels like that
>>55261492
see >>55261365
>>55261570
quite literally this, I was invited to all the channels that I like because people met me in other channels and thought I'd be a good fit for them
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.