[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My motherboard was acting funny and when I was reseating some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
My motherboard was acting funny and when I was reseating some cables I saw this on my 24pin power connected. What did I do?
>>
>female atx connector
What the actual fuck?
What kind of power supply is that?
Looks like there was a bad connection and the plug got too hot.
>>
Thats the +12v rail. Its quite strange, because there are other wires that carry that rail unless you are using the poorest mobo ever, i would count excessive power draw out. Probably a case of intermittent connection, try replacing the connector if you can solder or the entire psu.
Pc specs?
>>
>>55257251
does your board have an eps power input that you forgot to plug in?
>>
File: 14-Connectors-table.gif (16 KB, 591x211) Image search: [Google]
14-Connectors-table.gif
16 KB, 591x211
>>55258036
>>55257251
i mean an eps12v or atx12v
>>
>>55257288
that's not a female connector u fuck
>>
>>55258096
the male connector got gaps between the single contacts

that is not the case obviously
hence its a female connector
>retard
delete your post when you realise how stupid you are
>>
My guess is overheating, or the cable was placed weird in the socket, or perhaps even both. Sucks.
>>
>>55258315
You're so stupid I won't take the time and argue with you. It wouldn't lead anywhere.
>>
>>55259110
>That damage control
Just admit that you fucked up and carry on. This is an anonymous imageboard, who fucking cares.
>>
>>55258315
>the male connector got gaps between the single contacts
no, the female does, look inside one and see which has the metal pins that go inside the other one *giggity*
>also pic and filename related
>>
>>55258096
but it is
>>
>>55257433
>Thats the +12v rail. Its quite strange, because there are other wires that carry that rail unless you are using the poorest mobo ever, i would count excessive power draw out. Probably a case of intermittent connection, try replacing the connector if you can solder or the entire psu.
this. The connection carrying +12V overheated and scorched the nylon.
>>
>>55259110
But you still couldn't resist the opportunity to ad hominem.
>>
>>55259110
>It wouldn't lead anywhere.
unintentional pun / 10
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.