[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
first /g/ interview
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: sped1.jpg (138 KB, 1356x1017) Image search: [Google]
sped1.jpg
138 KB, 1356x1017
hey /g/ im changing careers from landscaping/ lawn maintenance to entry level IT /help desk. i have passed the first interview and am meeting with the senior IT derp this week, second interview? i need to know what to expect as this is a career change for me / what day to day work might be like?
>
thanks
>>
>taken part-time @ local community college
>
Computer Operating Systems
Computer Networking and Security
Web Server Administration
linux 1, linux 2
programming in C
>>
>>55253861
keep mowing the lawn Pablo
>>
You've made a huge mistake
>>
>>55253861
>what day to day work might be like?
Resetting passwords. Installing printers. Dealing with stupid people in general.
>>
>>55253939
>>55253912
thanks guise
>>55253942
kind of figured that, i need experience though while im still young enough
>>
>>55253861
Before leaving the outdoors for an indoor workplace environment, I think you should see the movie Office Space. It's a funny movie, and at the end, the main character shares a thought on this issue.
>>
>>55253861
Helping stupid people use computers. Maybe sometimes helping not stupid people fix things that are actually broken and complex. Day-to-day totally depends on the workplace and clientele. My first IT job in a retrospect was really easy with a lot of downtime. My job now can be very intense because it's more difficult, but there is still a lot of time where you're sitting back saying "Ok, everything is running pretty good at the moment" which is a great feeling.

It's a good way to make money. The pay is *relatively* high for how much time you'll end up spending just rebooting computers and helping stupid people find files and print.
>>
>>55255349
I've always worked indoors, but I can totally see this being a huge and possibly negative change for someone. Office life can TOTALLY be like shit in the movies, including Office Space, and there's a reason it's basically a rolling punchline: it can be insufferably cliche and sterile.
>>
>>55253861
Just learn how to use google.
>>
>>55253861
DELEED THITH!
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.