[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Using a 4k monitor
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: ROdAPR2.jpg (656 KB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
ROdAPR2.jpg
656 KB, 3840x2160
How do you use a 4k desktop? Do you just manually place windows around the screen?

Is there special software you can use to partition up the screen so that when you maximize a window it'll only take up a portion of the screen instead of all of it?

I think the most idiotic thing you could do with a resolution this big is just maximize your webbrowser over it. It sounds like such a waste of space to me.
>>
File: 1426017181317.jpg (123 KB, 2160x858) Image search: [Google]
1426017181317.jpg
123 KB, 2160x858
>>55251296
install gentoo
>>
>>55251296
This >>55251326

Install an OS with good UI scaling (so, not Windows).
>>
>>55251606
>good UI scaling

So, is the jist of this to have effectively the same amount of screen space as you would on a 1080p display, except double the amount of pixels for better clarity?
>>
>>55251633
or something between the 4k to 1080p scaling.
>>
>>55251296
install os x so it looks pretty good with 2x res mode
or install linux with dynamic/tiling window manager
>>
>>55251296
>4x1080p windows
Windows 7 -> aquasnap
Windows 8 and up -> drag window to corner

Fuck scaling, just get a bigger monitor if things are too small.
>>
5k here
Looks good
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.