[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tea on laptop
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: WP_20160625_12_33_47_Pro.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1456) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160625_12_33_47_Pro.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1456
Sup /g/

In January I spilled tea on my laptop. The affected area was the on/off button zone. I let it dry and everything is working perfectly except the screen. The backlight works, but i cant see shit, only colored stripes and shit. I can use it connecting an external screen via hdmi.
If I order a new screen [LG PHILIPS LP156WH3(TL)(S2)] will the laptop screen work, or will it stay as it is atm?
I haven't drank tea ever since
>>
>>55250521
bump
>>
File: sad-010.png (208 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
sad-010.png
208 KB, 500x375
>>55250521
Shameless self-bump. I really need advice, I dont wanna spend 31£ on a screen for nothing
>>
>>55250521
It also could be the cable and/or the connector from the motherboard. Did you spilled the tea on the monitor too, or it was only on the bottom part of the notebook?
>>
>>55250647
A little bit on the monitor too, near the bottom right corner ..
>>
>>55250521
it's hard to tell, guessing it's just the screen, if the video controller is damaged it would probably not even recognize the screen... should have bought a thinkpad
>>
>>55250770
hm, thanks. I dont think the video controller is damaged. I use it everyday with a 24 inch monitor
>>
> I let it dry and everything is working perfectly except the screen
literally the worst thing you could've done

also its connector, consider suicide or learn how to remove smd connector that probly by now looks like piece of crap from 70s tv that was on rain for past 30 years
>>
>>55250824

>literally the worst thing you could've done

What the fuck was the alternative? I immediatly grabbed it sideways, let it drip then blow dried it with a hairdrier and let it dry for a week in rice.
I didn't let it sit horizontally full of tea
>>
>>55250521
MAC user got BTFO.
Nobody help him!
>>
>>55250521
tea drinking piece of shit
>>
>>55250852
you just made corrosion - your connector is fucked and most likely smd pads are fucked too so u need to scrape away and use thin cable to create new pad directly connected to part of exposed trace.

youre literally fucked, theres no way you do it at home, dont buy screen - connecting new screen to connector that is most likely shorted to ground and corroded like that will only lead to a) no result, b) destruction of new screen

you may try sending it to repair shop but find good one that actually does job properly, lot of them are shit
>>
File: 1372966122538.jpg (119 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1372966122538.jpg
119 KB, 800x600
This is what you get for drinking tea you redcoat bastard.
>>
>>55250521
>In January I spilled tea on my laptop
Consider suicide.
>>
>>55250875
It's a toshiba sattelite
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 320x320
>mfw drinking tea near my thinkpad x201i right now
>>
>>55250852
Just dump some 90% isopropyl alcohol on it.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.