[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it worth it to switch from AT&T to Verizon?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: Verizon_Wireless_logo.png (19 KB, 610x241) Image search: [Google]
Verizon_Wireless_logo.png
19 KB, 610x241
Is it worth it to switch from AT&T to Verizon?
>>
>CDMAIDS
>ever
>>
>>55247401
This. Your phone choice will be limited HEAVILY. And Verizon forces almost every manufacturer to lock down bootloader's and ROM's.

I'm switching from Verizon on November 7th. The day my contract is up. Im going with whatever provider let's me use all of the nice, cheap chink phones like OnePlus, WileyFox. And Ubik.
>>
>>55247401
>>55247695
Thirded. My friends get good service with them but the lockdown on the devices itself is atrocious.
>>
>>55247695
Verizon is the only carrier that gets decent service where I live.
Imagine my surprise when I found out they removed my phone's natural ability to block incoming numbers so they can push their service that you need to pay for more than like 5 numbers.
>>
>>55247713
Me here >>55247695
The service is wonderful. The lockdown and policies are not. So long as you make sure your provider offers the best policies for phones and phone insurance, then go for it.

>>55247758
Gayyyy
>>
Can project Fi take on more than just nexus phones?
>>
>>55247984
Not yet. Perhaps never.
>>
>>55247381
no. Verizon tends to have some crazy higher tax shit. Their prices are nuts after tax.

Go with Sprint.
>>
File: happysa5.jpg (29 KB, 314x263) Image search: [Google]
happysa5.jpg
29 KB, 314x263
>>55247381
lolno

>get any android
>messaging app is replaced by their shitty Verizon Messenger
>they push their navigation instead of google maps
>all paid services that can be free

Now, I understand that these are all things that can be circumvented, but there is something inherently fucking evil in them making every fucking effort to charge you for something that Android does for free

examples

>paid caller ID
>paid visual voicemail
>paid maps and navigation
>>
>>55248043

And their data rates. It's fucking murder how it scales up
>>
File: The_Monkey's_Paw[1].jpg (669 KB, 2000x1400) Image search: [Google]
The_Monkey's_Paw[1].jpg
669 KB, 2000x1400
>>55247381
>Is it worth it to switch from AT&T to Verizon?

I'm going to be completely honest with you.

Switching carriers is like making wishes on a monkey's paw.

Sure, you get your fucking wish, but it's horribly corrupted in some shape or form.

For example

Verizon
>good signal and decent speeds
>you pay out the ass and your phone is locked down tight as fuck

AT&T
>Fast speeds and pretty unlocked GSM phones
>spotty signal and also expensive

T-Mobile
>decent prices and pretty free unlocked GSM phones
>shitty signal unless you live in the middle of a city, and then it fucks up too

Sprint
>Excellent pricing
>shit signal, period
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.