[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best PC to use for budget Gaming PC
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: barebone.jpg (21 KB, 500x452) Image search: [Google]
barebone.jpg
21 KB, 500x452
So i already bought an FX 6300 and accompanying motherboard, the budget is 300$, that costed roughyl 150$. I need a shitty PC that has a good case to install these components, but all it needs is power supply hard drive and case. Where can i find such stripped or barebones PC's. preferably used so they're cheap af.
>>
You did this backwards. You get a decent prebuilt for 150 without a gpu, and just add a gpu. Youre basically wasting money now getting a pre built just to ditch the mobo and cpu.

Now that youre already down this path, save up another hundred bucks, and just build the rest out ( IMO )
>>
>>55243497
well and likely the psu, 95% of prebuilts either have a shitty psu with it or one that does actually have a 6 pin and decent wattage but the amperage is a little sketchy
>>
i bought a thinkcenter with a p4 and all that, replaced the internal components

including the original cost of the computer, chinkshit psu, 8gb hyperx blue, 80gb hdd, pentium g, motherboard and gt430 im down about 200$

buy an old optiplex or something for dirt cheap, replace psu with chinkshit psu, toss in components, tada, gaming computer
>>
>>55242714
>>55243497
What are you doing
>>
>>55243497
>prebuilt
>>
Rather than start my own thread, I'll post here.

Pc finally shit itself and am going to build a new one, have some parts off the old one I am going to re - use (hdds etc) is this build worth going through with?

http://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/9r78KZ
>>
>>55245991
Nothing wrong with a prebuilt. Old dells with i7's from liquidating offices go from $100-$200, add a decent gpu like a 780 or r9 290 and thats a $300 pc that performs well at 1080p
>>
>>55247106
A 6700k with a gtx970? Don't waste the money ont the processor. Get a 6600k
>>
File: gtfo.gif (6 KB, 156x227) Image search: [Google]
gtfo.gif
6 KB, 156x227
>>55242714
>costed
Have mom and dad increase your allowance or do more chores and buy better parts.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.