[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Tells everyone they have scripts disabled >Lectures people
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8
File: noscripts.jpg (73 KB, 477x640) Image search: [Google]
noscripts.jpg
73 KB, 477x640
>Tells everyone they have scripts disabled
>Lectures people who don't have scripts disabled about the dangers of scripts
>Complains whenever they're sent a link to a website that requires scripts
>Needs supplements to make up for the lack of scripts in their nutrition

Are people who disable scripts the new vegans? Think about it. They restrict themselves to a very limited subset of the internet regardless of how retarded it is, and because they suffer, they have to make everyone else suffer with them. Noscriptfags are annoying and need to get out.
>>
>waaaah people aren't running every script that's sent their way which they neither asked for nor got a chance to vet before it runs waaaaah
>>
>>55241826
See? First post in this thread and you couldn't help but be annoying and holier-than-thou about your life choice. This is real.

People don't have to accommodate your phobia of scripts.
>>
>>55241865
>waaaaah people still aren't running every script that's sent their way which they neither asked for nor got a chance to vet before it runs waaaaah
>>
File: Jesse_Freetard.jpg (65 KB, 578x422) Image search: [Google]
Jesse_Freetard.jpg
65 KB, 578x422
>>55241882
Here, some more OC for you, literal cancer of /g/.
>>
>>55241903
>waaaaah people still aren't running every script that's sent their way which they neither asked for nor got a chance to vet before it runs waaaaah
>>
>>55241914
It's fine that you don't run scripts, but can you shut up about it? Like, if you're given a link to a page that requires scripts, and it doesn't work, just shut up. Don't make it other people's problems.
>>
>>55241937
>>
>>55241950
I've used an argument which clearly enables your choice to not run scripts and yet you're still bellyaching that I'm against your choice. Can't you read, you fucking idiot?

You're as unreasonable as vegans.
>>
>>55241999
>>
>>55241803

Request that image where a dude goes into a public bathroom and then walks right next to the only other dude in there, despite there being like 13 empty slots. Make it say "I have scripts disabled."
>>
>>55242036
Uuuhm... do you have a template?
>>
>>55242066

Nah, I just saw it posted once in a Free BDS roleplay thread.
>>
File: NoScriptsUrinal.jpg (212 KB, 480x800) Image search: [Google]
NoScriptsUrinal.jpg
212 KB, 480x800
>>55242119
Really? It exists?

Well looks like I'm not the only one who thinks noscriptfags are that annoying.

Anyway, here.

I had to google how to draw a straight line in GIMP. Holy shit.
>>
File: noscripts.jpg (73 KB, 477x640) Image search: [Google]
noscripts.jpg
73 KB, 477x640
>>
File: Jesse_Freetard.jpg (65 KB, 578x422) Image search: [Google]
Jesse_Freetard.jpg
65 KB, 578x422
Less ugly stroke.
>>
>>55242174
Use shift clicks, anon. They work with all tools that use brushes.
>>
>>55242174

Nice.
>>
nonfree.pizza
>>
someone quick make a pic like the one in the op and make it say
when its been five minutes and you havent told anyone that you hate people who disable javascript
>>
File: smug-smile.jpg (92 KB, 660x387) Image search: [Google]
smug-smile.jpg
92 KB, 660x387
>>55242425
>>
>>55241803
>They restrict themselves to a very limited subset of the internet regardless of how retarded it is, and because they suffer

Why do you think I suffer? I have noscript trained to work for certain sites that I frequent. If I visit a new site I just need to allow the scripts from that domain or its CDN. Why would I be suffering from a faster, more secure, cleaner web experience? I don't get it.
>>
>>55241803
>Are people who disable scripts the new vegans?
I call them Freegans and there insufferable
>>
>>55241803
you're right, nobody should ever discuss security practices and i should just let idiots like you get driveby downloads

hope you got the 2.5 BTC to decrypt your files OP
>>
>>55241803
Third party scripts are a plague on the Internet.
Sites connecting to 20+ third party domains for scripts are a thing and shouldn't be, and most of those are used for advertising.
>>
File: 1466803397543.jpg (73 KB, 477x640) Image search: [Google]
1466803397543.jpg
73 KB, 477x640
>>55242425
>>
>>55242932
>doesn't rename his pictures
Not what I wanted but thanks
>>
>eats unhealthily
>doc how come I have diabetes?

>browses insecurely
>/g/ why do I have a virus?

now call your congressman and tell him system recovery is a human right
>>
>>55243019
Is it really so hard to rename a file retard?
>>
>have scripts disabled
>never told anybody because most people would just stare and don't know what I'm talking about
>if I get a link to an unknown website that doesn't work without JavaScript I just open it in a virtual machine container that always runs in the background (just some puppy linux copy)
>never tell a soul because idgaf

Though I try to avoid asking links from people who always send links from the same shitty website.

Happy now, OP?
>>
>>55244089
Kinda. I still think you're paranoid. Javascript can't harm your computer. Its biggest threat is against your privacy when it's used for convoluted advertising schemes. There's ways around this that don't require a VM.
>>
>>55244420
>viruses only happen when you open email attachments or click on ads
>>
>>55241803
Even M$ introduced reading mode on Edge
Scripts btfo
>>
>>55244520
Viruses don't even happen when you click on ads. No modern operating system gives privileges to an application that allows it to cause serious harm to your computer without your authorization.
>>
File: d3e5922559ba47ea145b98ca36d00db8.png (584 KB, 1200x1095) Image search: [Google]
d3e5922559ba47ea145b98ca36d00db8.png
584 KB, 1200x1095
>>55241803
>Tells everyone they have scripts enabled
>Lectures people they are paranoid for having scripts disabled and they worry too much about the threat of cross-site scripting attacks
>Complains whenever they are linked to a website that is malicious and steals their personal information
>Posts bait thread on /g/ to project butthurt over people's personal choices for security

Butthurt webdev with disgusting abuse of javascript detected.
>>
All websites that are broken without Javascript is defective by design. I will avoid visiting such sites. If there is a website that I really do need to see, I will write my own scripts and publish my scripts as a greasemonkey extension.
>>
Please keep your scripts enabled anon, you have nothing to worry about:
https://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2016/06/20/ransomware-thats-100-pure-javascript-no-download-required/
>>
>>55244560
ever heard of privilege escalation?
>>
>>55244668
Just a myth.
>>
People who don't use noscript are like people who pour cooking oil down their kitchen sink. "It's more convenient and I don't notice any problems so it's fine."
>>
>>55244788
Stop trying to establish your autism as the standard.
>>
>allowing google to track your browsing behavior blatantly
I'd rather not.
>>
>>55244420
>Javascript can't harm your computer
ahahaah get a load of this faggot
>>
>>55244560
>I've never looked at CVEs ever in my life
>>
>>55241999
Why are vegans unreasonable? Do you seriously think that eating meat is at all a good life choice given how much environmental impact it has? Or do you just not give a shit about the planet you live on?
>>
I am a vegan and disabling scripts comes naturally.
>>
>>55247716
I'm vegan and find NoScript to be a complete fucking hassle that's just not worth it. uBlock Origin and HTTPS everywhere are as far as I go.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.