[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Could someone share his experience with liquidcooling systems?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: full-4A.jpg (146 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
full-4A.jpg
146 KB, 1200x800
Could someone share his experience with liquidcooling systems?

-Are they worth it?
I mean fan noise is really annoying. Yes you can change your cpu fan but when it's about videocard fan it's a different situation, especially if you are using linux.

-Is it hard to assemble and build this system own your own?
>>
[Update]
>>
It's generally pretty simple. You'll have a waterblock that sits on your cpu(Same as a cpu fan/cooler would) and/or one that sits gpu, tubing that connects from the water reservoir, through a radiator to cool the liquid, then to said water block. You can use distilled pater and you'll need some kind of biocide or anti-corrosiveshit to keep the water clean, etc.

The harder part of it is planning out where to set it all up in your computer and planning how the tubing will run with no kinks in it. There's plenty of how-to's floating around.
>>
And it's worth it if oyu want super quiet gaming shits, and if you overclock things and need to really keep it cool.
>>
>>55240770
>>55240753
>And it's worth it if you want super quiet gaming shits
Not for gaming but i really like quiet systems. Thank you for answers. I will look and search more. And as i understand from search engine results instead of buying a pre-built system buying parts will be a cheaper solution. I guess i should try and find out how hard to assemble all those parts.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.