[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>One port is not enough. You need more than one port, for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 9
File: Perfection.jpg (392 KB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
Perfection.jpg
392 KB, 1000x563
>One port is not enough. You need more than one port, for example charging and connecting your phone. The MacBook is absolutely useless.
>That's fine. If you need more than one port you can buy the MacBook Pro or another device with more than one port. You're not forced to buy the MacBook. There are large amount of people to whom which one port is fine.
>...

Can we finally put an end to this meme?
>>
I agree that a lot of people are fine with a single USB port, but what I'm most upset about is that the singe port is USB c instead of a regular USB 3 connector, especially since it's rumored that the new Macbook pros will only have type c ports.
>>
>>55238787
Someone has to push things forward.
>>
Honestly I think the people on this board who would use an Apple product are just the spillover from reddit and /b/, as well as other boards.

Anyone who knows what they are doing, wouldn't choose to use an over-priced, non user-serviceable product. There is no reason to keep giving reasons, these two are sufficient already. It is not like using an Apple product is the worst thing you can do, but its no different from what anyone else does.

Apple products are for the ignorant (I don't mean that as an insult, again it is for those who don't know any better) and the tech illiterate.
Why do iPhones sell so well? A retard can use it, you pay for a controlled environment. Why is this good for the average joe? He can't fuck it up.
Besides these reasons, there is also the issue of hardware being soldered to the mobo, and the disgusting prices of in-store service, which is expected since you can't modify the machines yourself.
>>
>>55239239
Wait a second

I'm a CompSCI OS PhD student. What am I missing out on because I own a MacBook?
>>
>>55239239
people pick Macs for the good hardware, good operating system, and good ecosystem of programs. Macbooks are aimed at consumers, Macbook Pros are aimed at people who do work (even though this seems to be what University students buy to browse facebook).

>>55239261
you're missing out on self-loathing
>>
>>55239261
>>55239297
You aren't missing out on anything by using a MacBook, except your freedom. I don't say to be referencing the meme, because even I myself am not posting from a totally free OS, on totally free software, etc.

However, Apple products are more binding and controlling than Windows, or custom built computers are.
Again, using an Apple product is not the most horrible thing in the world, you're just like another one of the normal fags on their Facebook machines.
>>
>>55239404
More controlling how? OSX is infinitely more open than Windows.
>>
>>55239404

In what meaningful way is OSX more restrictive than Windows? Rice doesn't count.
>>
>>55239551
>>55239513
:)

I actually have only used Mac OSX twice in my life, I wouldn't even know if it is or not
>>
>>55239574
Well that is just great. You can leave the thread now, shitposter. What an absolute disgrace you must be.
>>
MacBook is ded and the new Spectre killed it
>>
quality of windows os and linux is literally forcing me to buy mac
>>
>>55239574

I'm not gonna yell at you, or do a victory lap, or anything like that. But I am going to tell you that your owe yourself experience.

Three years ago, I was like you. I used to shit on Macs for all the same reasons people do now. Then, I started to wonder, and got a MacBook Air. Even after that, I disparaged it for a while (on day one, I called it "Retard Linux"), but it proved itself over time. Its battery life was great, it turned out to be surprisingly powerful for what it was (Wind Waker in Dolphin at 40FPS average!), and, ultimately, it held together longer than any laptop I've ever owned. I'm still using it today, and I'm considering selling it this year, not because it's inadequate, but because I want something that fills even more roles.

So, yeah. Experience things, and rise above the rank-and-file /g/ shitters, or stay with them forever.
>>
>>55239677
The reason for battery life is because there is more battery. OS x sucks at lower management.
>>
File: spectre_blofelt.gif (2 MB, 540x225) Image search: [Google]
spectre_blofelt.gif
2 MB, 540x225
>>55239628
Blofeld did a lot but he didn't kill the macbook.
>>
This is a shill thread. OP has posted this before and I'm suspecting samefagging at least a few posts in the thread because I've also seen the first response posted before.
>>
>>55238760
why did apple make this if, according to apple, the ipad pro is the only computer normies need?

who is the macbook for?
who would spend $1300 on a macbook instead of a macbook pro, but would also not want an ipad pro?
>>
>>55240021
To eventually replace the macbook air.
>>
>>55240021
>who is the macbook for?
for touchscreen haters
>>
>>55238760
stop shitposting about macbooks, no one cares fuck off
>>
>>55238760
>Can we finally put an end to this meme?
Are you referring to personal preference?
>>
>>55239766

Please back up your claim with evidence.
>>
>>55239297
>good hardware
>mac

Sure they look good but I wouldn't call computers that fail to cool themselves properly "good hardware".
>>
>>55240848

>memery

Please back up your claims with evidence. Real evidence, too, not an isolated anecdote from the Apple support forums where someone's computer is clearly not functioning as intended.
>>
most people who have macbook pros don't need macbook pros. unless you use your computer for work beyond communication, and word processing, it's largely unnecessary.

this is probably to of most people who had devices in the laptop market.
>>
I had to buy a mac only because of iOS development but I feel just as comfy in my elementary os distro.
>>
>>55239261
Testicles
>>
>>55241171
Here's the 5k imac overheating under load

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6681969?tstart=0

Here's the innovative """ workstation""" reaching 90+ degrees under load

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7603/mac-pro-review-late-2013/14

Keep up the good work, rajesh. 3 cents have been deposited to your apple pay account.
>>
>>55239574
Honestly osx is very nice. Granted for dev I still prefer something like ubuntu, but when the company is paying and wants support for the hardware and os mac is a good choice. The shell is full posix complete with bash and the os supports basicly anything ubuntu would.

So while I would never use it at home (win/Linux dualboot) it is a very good choice for work.
>>
>>55241605

>asking for legitimate proof to back up assertions = shilling pajeet

You've really jumped the shark, /g/.
>>
>>55242562
>too dumb to understand that the shill part is trying to find excuses for the 0.8ghz throttle
>still being this buttmad after evidence is provided

You are only embarrassing yourself furthermore at this point.
>>
>>55242621

I'm not "buttmad" at all, it's just incredibly sad that /g/ is anti-intellectual enough to accuse someone of being a shill in reaction to a request for supporting evidence. Furthermore, there was no attempt at explaining systemic throttling by design, only an attempt to head off trollish invocations of one-off support forum threads about clearly broken computers most likely covered by warranty, which is a common sight in discussions like these.

How you graduated middle school with reading comprehension skills this poor, I'll never know.

Oh, wait. You probably didn't.
>>
>>55241171
>macshit
>good hardware

Please back up your claims with evidence.

PROTIP: You can't since macs are toddler toys that catch fire if you actually try to work and put any kind of load on them.
>>
>>55242621

The first link is fair enough, but i take issue with the second:

>I have to stress that I haven’t been able to get this to happen in any normal workload, only what’s effectively a power virus for the GPUs and something quite unrealistic for the CPUs. Either way it shows us the upper limit of what the thermal core can do.

He literally had to go out of his way to set up a scenario specifically intended to do nothing other than overheat the computer in order to get it to do so. He was unable to induce overheating or throttling under any real world scenario. Wow, what a terrible, overheating pile of shit!

You shit-flinging, illiterate memesmith.
>>
>>55242898
>le max r gud!

Fuck off you shit-flinging, illiterate memesmith.
>>
>>55242993

Classy. Real classy. When you can't come up with a legitimate response, fling more shit like the squalid, shrieking baboon you are.
>>
File: 1453618532981.webm (1 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1453618532981.webm
1 MB, 640x360
>>55243021
>fling more shit like the squalid, shrieking baboon you are.
(You) in a nutshell when faced with reality.
>>
I'm fine with a single usb port. The way I see it this is one major step closer to integrating computers with phones. Your phone charges and connects to a pc through the same port, thats never been an issue.

If you look at the internal design of this laptop you will realize its brilliant. The whole computer is on a relatively small chip, with a single port. the rest of the body is all battery. its like a smartphone with an external display and a huge battery
>>
>>55238760
Its a versatility factor

Apple now more than ever has been enforcing this extremely basic and practically unusable machine

Wanna plug your laptop into a power source and use a USB drive at the same time? well fuck you you're not apart of the target market.

And then you'll ask "who is the target market?" and the answer is something like "clueless people who don't know what they're getting into or people who somehow don't care how limited the device actually is"
>>
>>55243191
No one fucking uses USB drives anymore grandpa.
>>
>>55243281
Are you fucking stupid?

USB is used for every device

a USB mouse, USB drive, USB blue tooth, etc
>>
>>55243045

Keep digging. I think it's clear who has the high ground here.
>>
>>55243281
what about ethernet?
>>
>>55238787
There is absolutely no space for regular USB 3, and as another anon noted, somebody with balls needs to push things forward.

>>55240021
>who would spend $1300 on a macbook instead of a macbook pro
Me. I travel a lot, so the weight and size are a huge pro. Obviously MBP is better for most people but that's the beauty of options.

>>55241605
90+ is a pretty standard temperature for hardware, overheating starts at 100+

>>55243191
>well fuck you you're not apart of the target market.
What's so wrong about it? Creating a device that is right for everybody is impossible, Retina Macbook covers its niche pretty well as the clones that followed prove.

>>55243396
>using mouse while having the option to use Macbook trackpad
Doubt even 1% of people does that.

>USB blue tooth
For a laptop that already has bluetooth? Clever.

USB drive is a somehow legit point but there are easy way around it.

>>55243451
Again something rarely used on a laptop by most people. Adding ports 10 out of 1000000 people would benefit from while bloating up the device is a pretty dumb strategy.
>>
>>55243191
>Apple now more than ever has been enforcing this extremely basic and practically unusable machine
If it's unusable then nobody will buy it, right?
Or maybe you are an edge-case that the Apple product doesn't match and you don't realise that for once you are special (except for your school, of course).
>>
Just buy an Apple USB hub you stupid poorfag
>>
>>55243562
>What's so wrong about it?
it means that people who were once apple users might no longer be apple users at all.

>Doubt even 1% of people does that
anything USB is immediately off the table

Anything to do with any kind of multi peripheral or multi device or multitasking anything is IMMEDIATELY off the table because you flat out can't do it
>>
>>55243667
Why the fuck would you need to plug in a bunch of peripherals to a MOBILE computer? Do you take your printer, mechanical keyboard, dvd reader, and wacom with you in your backpack every day?
>>
>>55243604
>If it's unusable then nobody will buy it, right?
based on sales numbers, it'll unlikely do well

Sure some people might buy it but apple won't make nearly as much as their regular macbook pros that are infinitely more usable
>>
>>55243685
>Why the fuck would you need to plug in a bunch of peripherals to a MOBILE computer?
Do you wanna plug in your phone and connect it to itunes while your computer is plugged in? nope can't do it

Do you want to say, plug in an external USB drive and be plugged in? nope can't do that either

Do you want to do anything while plugged in? nope.

>do you take your mechanical keyboard
nice strawman
>>
>>55243685
>you don't NEED to because I don't do do it therefore any possible warrant to do it is pointless because I said so
>you don't NEED to do more than one thing at a time
>>
>>55243667
>it means that people who were once apple users might no longer be apple users at all.
Because Retina Macbook killed MBP?
They have an option for maximum mobility and a more conservative laptop, something like Retina Air would only cannibalize MBP sales while 12" Macbook is a product aiming at different kind of users. Sounds like a win-win that will attract more people.

>>55243712
>Do you wanna plug in your phone and connect it to itunes while your computer is plugged in?
Wifi?

>Do you want to say, plug in an external USB drive and be plugged in? nope can't do that either
Network?

>Do you want to do anything while plugged in?
Like what?

All this "limitations" are clear at start, did you consider that people interested in a Retina Macbook are not necessary the people who are interested in filling all of their laptop holes with hypothetical peripherals?
>>
>>55243712
>plug in your phone
I have never plugged in any of my phones to a computer other than to unlock the bootloader. I can transfer files through wifi.

>plug in an external USB drive
No thanks. I'll get my files off my 12TB NAS, if they weren't already synced.
>>
>>55243755
>Because Retina Macbook killed MBP?
Retina didn't take away features and ports
>>
>>55243712
Luckily MacBooks have outstanding battery life, so you don't need to be plugged in all day a la Brickpads
>>
>>55243758
>>55243755
>I've never done it therefore you don't need to and any instance where you HAVE done it is false and untrue
>>
>>55243762
All the features and ports are there in the MBP.

>>55243774
More of

>"I've never done it therefore I bought a laptop that doesn't have ports I will never use and perhaps if you value ports, there are other options you could look into instead of picking out one that has none for a reason."
>>
>>55243774
People who own MacBooks don't need more than one port

Literally what the OP is about
>>
>>55238760
>You're not forced to buy the MacBook.
Bullshit. Look at it, it's too pretty not to buy.
>>
>>55243797
>All the features and ports are there in the MBP.
We aren't talking about the MBP, we're talking about the "MacBook" or what ever one line they're calling the one ported shit
>>
>>55243800
Obviously they do since every model up till now has had more than one port.

Hell the mac book air is more useful than the Mac Book.

>>55243797
>never had to plug multiple peripherals in, therefore you don't need to because I said so and any instance you can think of is false because I said so.
>>
>>55243774
>I use it therefore everyone uses it if you don't use it then you are using a computer wrong
>>
>>55243839
Why? There is a laptop that has all the ports you want and you're not forced to buy the one with no ports, why criticising it for the lack of ports if you can just get one that has tons of them, and people who don't want any can get the MacBook.

Do you bitch about different phone sizes and car types too?
>>
>>55243755
>Wifi?
What happens when theres no wifi?

>network
how are you gonna connect to any network with no wifi? How are you gonna connect without your 50 fucking adapters?

>hurr like what
don't wanna charge your phone and your laptop at the same time? don't want to sync either of them? don't want to do ANYTHING multitask-like?
>>
>>55243868
>don't criticize it for having no ports because another one exists
yes and we critique that one for its own critical things and reasons. We're critiquing the Macbook because it has a huge flaw which is it can't do more than one thing. Its inherently less usable and less adaptable
>>
>>55243868
>Do you bitch about different phone sizes and car types too?
yes these are all metrics people use when reviewing something
>don't critique it
because it has problems? We don't write reviews on shit because another product exists stupid ass.
>>
>>55243868
>car types too?
So I shouldn't critique cars? Theres an entire industry devoted to car reviews and shit. Do you just go to the dealership and pick up the first car you like and tell anyone who doesn't like that car that they shouldn't review it?
>>
>>55238787
USB 3.0 spec doesn't allow for high-wattage charging.

USB-C spec _does_ allow for high-wattage charging.
>>
I guess they're doing it to try to stimulate the growth of wireless peripherals. Can already get wireless headphones and external drives, so I guess more products like this will encourage more innovation in wireless tech.

That said, I sure as heck wouldn't buy one, but I'm poor as he'll. And even if I could afford it, I'd probably just go for the 13" MBP.
>>
>>55243854
>therefore you don't need to because I said so
But nobody is saying that. Instead of complaining about one rare laptop with no ports, you can pick out of 1000ths that have all the ports. People who want the MacBook obviously don't care about ports, otherwise they wouldn't get one, it's simple, no?

>>55243885
This huge flaw affects who? Did you buy one and then discover that you can't insert all kinds of stuff in it?

Why just picking out the port? How about the screen size? It's only 12", why didn't they make it 17"! How about an internal GPU? Holy shit, you can't play vidya on it!

>>55243899
>yes these are all metrics people use when reviewing something
Not in a such dumb way. There are different screen sizes, each having cons and pros, same with ports and no ports. Just because you don't perceive the pros as such, doesn't change shit.

>>55243922
You shouldn't critique a SVU for being slower and bigger than a fucking smart. Each has its own purpose.

>>55243927
Didn't they change it with 3.1 though?
>>
>>55243957
USB 3.1 can't charge high wattage without USB-C type connector.

USB 3.1+USB-C is required for high-voltage, high-ampereage charging.
>>
>>55238760
What's the point of this thread?

Why do people keep falling for this shit bait?
>>
>>55243957
>But nobody is saying that. Instead of complaining about one rare laptop with no ports, you can pick out of 1000ths that have all the ports.
We aren't talking about the other laptops, we're talking about THIS laptop and this laptop is literally lacking features.
>don't care about ports
and they'll be sorely mistaken when they don't realize that their purchase will be in vane especially compared to the macbook air that has more features regardless.

>This huge flaw affects who?
anyone who literally wants to do more than one thing with their laptop. The saying goes, rather have it and not need it than not have it and need it.

>Why just picking out the port?
Its the most glaring flaw about it. Its literally a lack of features purposely designed.

>why not the screen
its not an issue
>why didn't they make it 17
because it doesn't fit that design metric. Thats like saying "why didn't they put 22's on the civic it only has 16's!" Because a civic doesn't need 22 inch tires to do what a civic competes to do.

>You shouldn't critique a SVU for being slower and bigger than a fucking smart. Each has its own purpose.

We aren't comparing SUV's and Sedans. We're comparing a middle bastard child from a regular MBP that was arguably already borderline Ultrabook tier to a Mac book air that is in the ultrabook tier. Theres this dumb Macbook that lands right in the middle where its bigger than a macbook air, has LESS peripheral ports offers nothing over either of the other designs beyond USB-C which at its inception was unused and unadopted by the industry as of yet.

We're comparing something like a Honda CRV to a Honda Accord and Honda made this dum fucking car called the HRV that does nothing different over the CRV, gets worse volume and offers NOTHING over the CRV. But its this dumb hatchback pseudo SUV that fits no where and anything that it doesn't compete with the CRV over, the Accord does better regardless
>>
>>55238760
>>
And then retards like you >>55243957
think I shouldn't critique the Honda HRV because the CRV exists and people who buy the HRV don't care that it can't do everything the CRV does. And you tell me something dumb like "don't complain about the lack of cup holders because other cars have better and more cupholders" Even though people write pages and pages of reviews about every flaw of each system you say something stupid like "don't critique it because other shit does something different" as if that fucking matters because THEY'RE WRITING ABOUT THAT FUCKING HONDA HRV. If they were writing a review for something ELSE they would do that, but NO.
>>
>>55244049
>we're talking about THIS laptop and this laptop is literally lacking features.
If it lacks the features you look for ... it's simply not a laptop for you. Just like a gayman desktop is simply not the option for somebody who wants a laptop.

>anyone who literally wants to do more than one thing with their laptop.
Anyone who bought it, can do all the things they want to do. If you want to do other things, you're spoiled for choice. That's like bitching about iPhone SE having a small screen.

>Its the most glaring flaw about it.
For YOU. Minimalistic design made for the wireless future is exactly what other people wanted.

>its not an issue
Why not? There are laptops with bigger screen!

>because it doesn't fit that design metric
Like ports into an ultraportable laptop that is meant to be without clutter and as light and thin as possible?

>its bigger than a macbook air
Slightly bigger than 11" Air while having a larger screen and being lighter/slimmer.

>which at its inception was unused and unadopted by the industry as of yet.
How will it get adopted if we stick to outdated technology? Besides, I seen tons of usb c stuff already.

>HRV that does nothing different over the CRV
Macbook 12 is taking the idea of mobility further than Air. If anything, it's the Air that became useless. It's not significantly lighter/slimmer than MBP while giving up performance and screen quality. Besides there are tons of Windows clones being similar to the Air and better due newer screens. Macbook 12 has no competition offering the same mobility with battery life and screen.
>>
>>55240021
People who want a god tier sized laptop. There is no 12" MacBook Pro.
>>
>>55244209
>core meme
>abysmally pathetic 7 hour battery

>Macbook 12 has no competition
At least you got one thing right. Nothing else on the market is as absolute shit as the Macbook.
>>
>>55244209
>If it lacks the features you look for ... it's simply not a laptop for you. Just like a gayman desktop is simply not the option for somebody who wants a laptop.
I'm not buying one I'm critiquing it for the problems it has and the lack of features it doesn't have.

>Anyone who bought it, can do all the things they want to do. If you want to do other things, you're spoiled for choice. That's like bitching about iPhone SE having a small screen.
This means nothing, "I can do what I want with what I have" is such a clueless and effortless statement its pretty much "well I don't care fuck your opinion it doesn't count because I said so"

>For YOU. Minimalistic design made for the wireless future is exactly what other people wanted.
CRITIQUE something you seem to disregard because you don't like it

>Why not? There are laptops with bigger screen!
DESIGN BRAKET, they don't put 22 inch wheels on a civic because a civic doesn't have even remotely a need for such a feature. You're not even comparing classes you're comparing cars to trucks instead of sedans to sedans because you're fucking retarded.

>Like ports into an ultraportable laptop that is meant to be without clutter and as light and thin as possible?
If thats the case then the macbook air is superior in every fashion

>How will it get adopted if we stick to outdated technology?
USB3.1 literally came out the year before. Apple isn't leading innovation at all. If they think picking up an unused technology so new you need 50 adapters just to use it is fucking pointless and completely arbitrary.

>mobility further than the Air
the air comes in 11 and 13 inch, 12 inch is completely redundant
>>
>>55244209
2 rupees have been deposited in your loo Pajeet.
>>
File: 1449505677046.jpg (60 KB, 353x295) Image search: [Google]
1449505677046.jpg
60 KB, 353x295
>>55244444
Quints of truth.
>>
>>55244399
>"well I don't care fuck your opinion it doesn't count because I said so"
Not at all. Product A is aimed at customer A, you're customer B. Complaining that product A it's not made for you is pretty silly even if we ignore the amount of alternatives. If I want a small and portable laptop, I couldn't care less if somebody wants to buy a 17" 4 KG brick and it'd be dumb to bitch about it, because the person buying one, obviously wants to do different stuff with it.

>CRITIQUE something you seem to disregard because you don't like it
What value is there in critique about the most fundamental aspect of a product and presenting it as a downside when it's THE selling point for others? At best it shows that you don't like it, which is irrelevant since the product isn't aimed at you.

>you're comparing cars to trucks
You mean like comparing an ultraportable laptop with stuff that weighs almost twice as much?

>If thats the case then the macbook air is superior in every fashion
For you and everybody else who still wants to use cables and carry extra weight, nor cares about design. The existence of the 12" Macbook doesn't prevent you from buying an Air, so what's the issue? Again, there are tons of laptops with tons of ports for people who want ports. There are few with barely any ports for people who want it all wireless. Pick whatever suits you

>USB3.1 literally came out the year before.
And was only used by the Pixel and 1-2 phones if I remember right. Now it's pretty common in the premium sector with all the usual shit and 3rd party adapters. Maybe a laptop from the most popular premium brand played a part in it?

>12 inch is completely redundant
For you, for others it's the perfect balance. Specially the 11" Air is retarded because the laptop itself is about the same size due the large bezels. If you want a bigger screen, well obviously a laptop with a smaller one isn't right for you

>>55244444
>not knowing that India hates Apple
>>
>>55244077
> Bildschirmfoto
>>
>>55239766
Incorrect. OSX sips battery while windows and Debian based Linux distros devour.

That one image floating around of a macbook pro getting a few hours of battery was from a test running Windows, installed by an inexperienced journalist who doesn't understand why you need drivers after an install. Far from a fair comparison.
>>
File: 1444337222091.png (731 KB, 1300x900) Image search: [Google]
1444337222091.png
731 KB, 1300x900
>>55246409
>this is what mactoddlers actually believe
>>
>>55238760
As some who's literally never plugged anything into a laptop, other than a power cable, i really couldn't care less.
>>
>>55246409
All based on driver support, code efficiency, and OS controls over managing hardware load.

Linux usually has shit battery life simply because drivers are written to work, and they're often reverse-engineered. New features that are added to newer hardware to aid in power saving never get utilized.

In OSX & Windows you're going to break about even on battery performance (assuming you have a clean install of windows free of vendor trash).
>>
>>55238760
There are people who need more ports than any MacBook can provide.
At the office we have VGA, HDMi and Ethernet based projectors. You can't interface with them using a MacBook retina or even a Mac Pro. Your best choice would be a Hackintosh with some Lenovo Workstation.
>>
>>55247824
>At the office we have VGA, HDMi and Ethernet based projectors. You can't interface with them using a MacBook retina or even a Mac Pro.

you can get usb-c to hdmi and usb-c to vga adapters from the apple store.

apple's literal recommendation for usb-c to ethernet is to buy a usb-c to usb-a adaptor, then usb-a to ethernet adaptor.
>>
>>55238787
two of those 3.1 ports are probably thunderbolt 3. or maybe all 4 of them are thunderbolt 3. since the port is fully compatible with usb 3.1, just like tb2 was compatible with mini displayport devices.
>>
>>55248146
Regardless there should be at least one USB A port.
>>
>>55248262
Interesting opinion
>>
File: 1466017272176.png (205 KB, 501x445) Image search: [Google]
1466017272176.png
205 KB, 501x445
>people pick Macs for the good hardware, good operating system, and good ecosystem of programs.
> soldered ram
> closing programs doesn't close programs
> locked down to shit ecosystem
>>
>>55248042
And then every time I would need to fiddle with adapters. No. I can appreciate Apple's hardware but I'm not in their user segment.
>>
>>55239239
I can literally guarantee you that if you looked at every user on /g/ right now you would find that 90% of them are either high school students or college students with an iphone as their phone and a macbook of some type as their main computer, plus some sad 40 yo thinkpad users and a couple other random people with things like toshibas (like myself) and asus laptops.

The world uses apple products. It's the statistics. Look it up.
>>
why do ppl hate macs? there's nothing hugely wrong with them

imo MBP and MBA are the only 2 mac products worth buying.
rMB is complete shit and just a cash grab.
>>
>>55249619
>mac products
>worth buying

Pick one.
>>
>>55248424
>> closing programs doesn't close programs
... and yet you Microsoft stooges used to be so thrilled with the Terminate and Stay Resident (TSR) feature in DOS.
>>
>>55248424
>locked down to shit ecosystem

It's not iOS. Also, no one cares about your RAM management OCD.
>>
>>55248424
>closing programs doesn't close programs

You can't name one disadvantage of this. They're closed automatically if needed.

RAM is there to be used.
>>
File: 1462455076364.jpg (74 KB, 512x476) Image search: [Google]
1462455076364.jpg
74 KB, 512x476
>>55242725
>>too dumb to understand that the shill part is trying to find excuses for the 0.8ghz throttle

Apparently you are too dumb to understand that I called that anon a shill because he tried to make existing evidence seem illegitemate without providing any evidence.

>>55242725
>94 degrees
>TJmax is 100 degrees
>6 degrees away from shutting down due to overheating

Pic related. This a workstation not some cheap laptop. If I were to spend $5000 on a computer, I would expect it to be maintain low temps under heavy load. I don't think anyone would want to do a 5+ hour render job on a computer which gets that hot under load.

If you think that this machine runs cool under real life heavy loads such as rendering, you are free to provide proof like I did.
>>
>>55243562
>>90+ is a pretty standard temperature for hardware
>modern CPUs shut themselves down at 100 degrees
>90+ is ok

If you look at the datasheet of the 12 core xeon found in the mac pro, you can clearly see the Tcase rating of 86 degrees which disproves your claims.

http://ark.intel.com/m/products/75283/Intel-Xeon-Processor-E5-2697-v2-30M-Cache-2_70-GHz#@product/specifications
Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.