[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Android
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4
File: maxresdefault.jpg (124 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
124 KB, 1280x720
As an iPhone user for the past 7 years since the 3GS was announced, I've decided its time to move on to Android, Galaxy s7 specifically. I may get this phone today and will want to root it so i can get free stuff. What is the best way to root Android? Any quick tips for a noob to the Android family?
>>
>>55236864
http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s7
>>
>>55236864
>touchjizz
>>
>>55236881
hey thanks ill check this stuff out
>>
Samsung support sucks don't do it.
>>
>>55236889
Stop with this meme, you mindless retard. TouchWizz on Lollipop and Marshmallow is god tier.
>>
>>55236917
Its laggier than stock.
>>
>>55236911
What kind of support do you mean? Support in general or tech support bc I never use tech support I dont need it
>>
>>55236931
Not at all.
>>
>>55236864
Have fun getting rooted adware.
>>
>>55236949
s7 gets BTFO by a Nexus 6 speed wise even though its far more capable because the Samsung software sucks.

>>55236934
Software support, bug fixes, updates. Its typical for a Samsung flagship to be 6 months late on an update. They also refuse to release source code for drivers so if you plan on using any 3rd party roms to get rid of the Samsung shit you are SOL.
>>
>>55236955
Is it any worse than regular adware?
>>
>>55236970
Ok, I appreciate your information. Could you recommend a phone for me? All this stuff is new to me, you seem to know some stuff. I am real interested in doing some VR via Trinus and my PC to play games from my PC in vr for real cheap, and Galaxy phones have the best PPI compared to others I've seen. I wanted the HTC 10 but it's not on ATT.
>>
>>55236970
>s7 gets BTFO by a Nexus 6 speed wise even though its far more capable because the Samsung software sucks.
It literally doesn't. Show me a proof of your claim. I'll wait.
>>
>>55236989
My general advice to anyone buying an Android phone is to stick to the Google Nexus phones.

I have actually tried VR with an s7 vai Samsung Gear and QHD isn't enough, it looks like crap. I don't really think there are any mobile phone displays that are up to it desu.

>>55237017
I've used both, the s7 interface stutters often while multitasking and the Nexus 6 is smooth even though the specs are way better on the s7, I blame all the custom Samsung shit.
>>
>>55237041
>I've used both...
>anecdotal evidence
I expected more of you, awesome. I didn't thin you were an idiot.
>>
>>55237041
About VR what about the Z5 is that going on enough?
>>
>>55237058
s7 is obviously the faster phone, there really isn't a good way to quantify UI stuttering when you can't put the touchjizz shit on a Nexus 6 and make like a 120fps video comparing the same usage on both. It isn't really something you can reproduce and quantify.
>>
Disregard the tripcucks talking shit as usual.

US version of S7 has no root and may not have any time soon.
International version is far superior and has easy root and unlocked bootloader.
>>
>>55237110
I'm biased on the VR front, it felt like a gimmick on the s7, its slow and pixelated. I don't have any positive opinion of VR with any phone.
>>
>>55237115
He wants to use it on ATT the tho
>>
xda

There will be tons of guides, just follow along and try to understand what you are doing.
>>
If you want your phone rooted, I would strongly recommend using something like Cyanogenmod and simply ticking "Enable root" in the settings, rather than allowing some sketchy proprietary software to exploit a vulnerability in your Android
>>
>>55237125
Sucks to be him then, US S7 isn't great and its nothing to do with >hurr touchjizz and everything to do with the kernel. Samsung didn't put much effort into it compared to the exynos version which is flawless.

also
>root it so i can get free stuff
You can get free apps without root, OP should read up what root actually does and see if he really wants it.
>>
Nexus or die
>>
>>55237154
>exynos version
Enjoy your no driver source code or 3rd party roms ever. Samsung is staunchly anti GPL.
>>
>>55237170
idgaf mate, custom roms are shit on high end phones anyway. If I wanted a shit quality camera and broken sensors I'd have got a chink phone.
>>
>>55237183
Dude the only reason you defend touchjizz is because you own a device that won't let you use anything else.
>>
>>55237194
No, it's because it's fine. I owned a 5X before this, stock android is vastly overrated.
>>
File: screen.png (234 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
screen.png
234 KB, 1440x2560
>>55236970
Kek ill clear things up here
>>
>>55237113
>tripfag
Opinion discarded
>>
File: Screen2.png (239 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screen2.png
239 KB, 1440x2560
>>55236970
>>55237204
>>
>>55237203
It isn't fine though, its unacceptable on a device with that fast a processor and that high a price.
>>
>>55237232
Having a skin that has literally zero impact on performance is "unacceptable"? Fuck off.
Your opinions based on using someone else's phone for 5 minutes with an obvious bias are worth exactly nothing.
>>
>>55236864
I don't know about this particular model, but Samsungs are typically the worst phones to try and get root on. I once had a Note II and desperately wanted a newer model but Samsung and Verizon make rooting nearly impossible on anything but Nexus and HTC devices. I always buy flagship phones so I can't comment on your options with some of the pleb phones.
>>
>>55237244
Butthurt touchjizz owner.
The impact is that your expensive as fuck device's main UI stutters, it doesn't matter if the apps start up more quickly or that web pages are smoother. Its annoying and its Samsung's fault, the entire touchjiz moniker was born specifically because their software is shit.
>>
>>55237280
Once again, and for the lest time because it's clearly not getting through your thick skull:
The problem with the US snapdragon S7 is with the kernel, not the skin, and it is much more serious than just some UI stutter.
The Exynos version has no such issues.
>>
>>55237250
This is true. It was nearly impossible to root a S4 on Verizon. Verizon and Samsung put so much bloat on it's ridiculous.
>>
>>55237302
Its not a skin and the Exynos version also comes with touchjizz which IS the problem.

It would be less of a problem if Samsung actually supported their device by releasing the source but they don't so you are fucked.
>>
>>55237338
Sure, they load their phones full of bloat, but the real problem is they DO NOT want you to root these devices and they go to extreme measures to prevent it. I got a Nexus 6 when Verizon decided to start carrying them and while I have to to say the rooting process was easy as hell, the performance and features of the phone leave something to be desired. It's great for the price, I guess, but it's certainly no power house. Also, for whatever reason all the cool shit gets developed for the Nexus 5, a very mediocre phone, in my opinion.
>>
Bought a nexus 6p because my GS6 was so fucking ugly.

How do you not take your eyes out with a melon baller while using that god-awful, slow, ugly UI? Stock on this thing is butter. And I'll get Android 7.0 day of release, not 2 years later. Have fun with your lagwizz.
>>
Xda is the defacto website for android root and development. There's tips and tricks for what to do with it after achieving root: remove all the stock garbage your carrier preinstalls, installing an ad blocker, etc. Just know you void your warranty upon doing so. They hate when you get rid of their bloatware.
>>
OP here, thanks for all the input and arguments. After some research I think I'll be going with the Nexus 6P.
>>
>>55237691
No SD card
No removable battery
Terrible battery life
Literally chink build quality
>>
>>55236955
have fun not redirecting all ads to 127.0.0.1
>>
>>55236864
>went from applel to samdung

for fucks sake man, you cant do anything right.
>>
>>55238539
see

>>55237691
>>
>>55238563
>6P

I maintain my position, you cant do anything right.
>>
>>55238619
unless you are going to make a suggestion as to what the "right thing" to do would be then just stop because you are acting like a bully.
>>
File: 1463943299004.gif (2 MB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
1463943299004.gif
2 MB, 360x270
>>55238641
Oh no!
>>
>>55238671
:)
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.