[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This has to be one of the stupidest things ive ever seen, just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4
This has to be one of the stupidest things ive ever seen, just put a battery on the truck, my god.
>>
If you put batteries on the truck you'd have no room for cargo dude
>>
>>55233981
how about sauce
>>
>>55233987
Yeah man, it would take an entire container full of batteries to power a truck.
>>
>>55233981
seems like a more efficient use of space to me
why make an electric train with seperate tracks and all that, when you can just make electric trucks that use existing roads? (that can be shared with car traffic)
>>
>wreck in that lane
>can't merge
>traffic backed up for days
>>
>>55234102
surely it'd have at least a bit of battery power to allow for things like that, as well as getting to/from these power lines
>>
>>55233981
Batteries aren't as good and have a limited lifespan which is really important on a transport truck.
They are much more expensive.
They take a lot more resources to produce which have to be mined and eventually fought over.
>>
>>55234049
Have you seen how large the battery bank an electric car has to move your fatass from A to B? Now think of how much more volume the batteries would take to move that plus literally tons more vehicle and cargo.
>>
>>55234240
>literally tons more vehicle and cargo
Thats not how wheels works.
>>
>>55234323
No way you're that retarded.
>>
>>55234343
No way you think that a truck has to "LITERALLY" pull tons of cargo.
>>
>>55234102
Normal trolley wires would not work with highway speeds, especially at switches.
>>
>>55233981
There's no way batteries would have that much power fgt.
>>
File: man_pulls_truck_with_ear_3.jpg (75 KB, 640x431) Image search: [Google]
man_pulls_truck_with_ear_3.jpg
75 KB, 640x431
>>55234343
Is he making 23.000lbs of force with his ear? i mean, thats the force the engines have to make to move a truck right?
>>
File: MultiTrackDrifting.jpg (60 KB, 500x361) Image search: [Google]
MultiTrackDrifting.jpg
60 KB, 500x361
>>55233981
But can it drift?
>>
>>55233981
The Tesla can't even make it around the Nürburgring, and its battery weighs 540kg.
Imagine how big the batteries would need to be to move this truck more than 1000km. Much quicker to put diesel in a tank than charge batteries.
>>
>>55234399
No, but trucks accelerate slow as fuck when fully loaded already, making 1000 lb-ft and via gear multiplication 20-30k to the wheels.
>>
>>55234451
>The Tesla can't even make it around the Nürburgring, and its battery weighs 540kg.
The Tesla can make it around the nurburgring multiple times, what the fuck are you even talking about? whats even your point? are trucks racing cars? the fact that the model s can't RACE has nothing to do with range.
>>
>>55234351
I said literally because a ton is also commonly used to just mean a lot. I'm actually talking about weight wise
>going full sperg when overused words are used correctly
>>
>>55234477
>No, but
>bu-bu-bu-but
Another goalpost to move?
>>
>>55234484
>I said literally because
>oh but i was just pretending to be retarded! in reality you are the one that is retarded! XD
>>
>>55234491
That guy probably spent a full minute and 80 feet to achieve a half mile an hour, if he even got that fast.

What exactly was YOUR point?
>>
>>55234500
My god you're a fucking twat. How does anybody put up with you? Words exist to be used, you goddamned autist.
>>
>>55234483
Too much stress on the motors, they just overheat.
>>
holy niggardly shit this fucking thread.

how are you people allowed to post without understanding rudimentary physics?
>>
pretty cool desu
centralized energy generation is way more efficient than individual combustion engines
>>
>>55233981
>just put a battery on the truck
>100,000 trucks
>100,000 batteries
>weight of 100,000 batteries being transported, fuel efficiency lost
>100,000 batteries-worth of capacity, transport efficiency lost
>potential 100,000 batteries that need to be replaced (assuming battery life of 5 years)
Small mind, eh?
>>
>>55234527
Just let them go. This is comedy gold. The levels of embarrassed retard shitposting are off the charts.
>>
>>55234504
I already made my point, its not my bad that you are too stupid to realize how stupid you are.
>>
Not bad but it has been already invented as electrified railroads.
>>55234527
Where do you think you are?
>>
>>55234519
Yeah, when you are racing.
>>
>>55234556
>Small mind, eh?
Where you one of the people that said the Model S would never happen?
>>
>>55234593
http://www.teslarati.com/tesla-model-s-weight/

Models S battery is 30% of its weight.

I encourage you to show us your firm grasp of mathematics and economics by applying that ratio to trucks, and let us know exactly how smart it is to have trucks carry that big a battery.
>>
>>55234556
This. Batteries are currently made from precious materials and are not sustainable.
>>
>>55234636
I don't know what people are talking about in this thread, but having a name and a trip is for fucking faggots.
>>
>>55234687
If you don't have a trip, how will you gain any sort of Internet fame? How will anybody be able to tell that the totally genius and supercool post you made was yours? How will you be able to tell your friends that "it's cool, they 'know me' on 4chan so I can trip there" if you don't have a tripcode?

You didn't think this through, Anon.
>>
>>55234687
>>55234745
He happens to be the guy who runs logicalincrements
>>
>>55234752
And he also happens to be a attention whoring tripfaggot that no one will ever care about. What's your point?
>>
>>55234765
>What's your point?
Speaking of point:

-I talked about the flaws of OP's viewpoint regarding a certain technology
-You are talking about me

Would you like to talk about the feasibility of battery-powered trucks vs tram-like trucks, or would you like to continue whining about a tripcode?
>>
>>55234818
I'd much rather you fuck off cunt, but I'm not even the same guy
>>
>>55233981
That's what many of the UK roads where like in the early 19th century
>>
>Electric lines require that the trucks stay within a specific degree of position for the lane for the duration of travel
>One might say they are on a track
WHY NOT USE THE GOD DAMN FUCKING TRAINS THAT ALREADY EXIST THEN
>>
>>55235034
In areas that are not serviced by trains:
>Erect electricity poles over current roads
vs
>Build new railways
>>
>>55235080
hopefully someone can figure out the accident ratio between transport trucks on standard roads and transport trains on standard tracks

and what happens to the other infrastructure besides the individual vehicle while waiting for repairs
>>
>electric vehicles
>hypocritical hipster thing
>>
>>55233981
that's a really cool idea

>>55235034
i think i can see the benefit in some circumstances. it's probably cheaper to build and maintain this infrastructure, plus the surface can support all traffic instead of having separate space allotted for rail and for road.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.