[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
based rossmann did it again https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYY 3n4YWvFo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
based rossmann did it again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYY3n4YWvFo
>>
This guy looks hella Jewy.
>>
>the 4 /g/ board
Hi Louis

>I'm not interesting enough to be watched
He's right about that
>>
>>55229446
>((Rossman))
>>
>>55229394

it's not to protect against the NSA or some stupid shit

it's to prevent you from showing your ugly face to the world when you go on omegle or go on skype and accidentally start a video call
>>
>mfw this convinced me to take the tape off

Thanks Ross
>>
>why not block the microphone

Because I don't say a word all day long. They can hear me fap or fart but that is about it.
>>
>>55229394
http://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1466723105827.webm
>>
>>55229838
nice
>>
File: 1466595073539.jpg (149 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1466595073539.jpg
149 KB, 1024x768
copycat zuck
>>
>>55229394

regarding webcam leds:

there are numerous webcams where the led is software controlled, but even on on webcams where it's hardware based (more accurately, firmware based), i.e., like those on macbooks that ross talks about where the schools took thousands of images without the users knowledge, it can still be bypassed in a number of ways

here's a paper that goes into the topic:

https://jscholarship.library.jhu.edu/bitstream/handle/1774.2/36569/camera.pdf

some things to take away are that it's possible to do this from userland (i.e., not root) and a more serious vulnerability occurs of vm escape similar to that of badusb in making the webcam act as a hid keyboard - reported to apple in 2013 but no plans of fixing it

and as far as disabling mic? yeah I'd do that too if I were taping my webcam

and as far as streaming hd video - even a few still frames at a low fps are enough to blackmail people
>>
>>55229913

and just to add to this, on phones it's even more of an issue because there's no hardware led

does this mean you should be scared and paranoid? absolutely not, but it is a valid legitimate attack vector
>>
>>55229755
Should have just taken the mic out man.
>>
>>55229838
lel
>>
Post rare rossmans
>>
>i don't think i'm interesting enough for other people to want to watch me..

m8 u film yt vids in ur spare time.

>has to look up gigabit vs byte while working with ram chips.
this goy is so baka, no wonder he works alone for himself. he would be fired so fast at an ee job.

tldr, Louis "Cuck" ((((Rossman)))
>>
>>55229898
zuck the cuck
>>
>>55229838
>that audio sync
How do you fuck this up
>>
>>55229913

That information is for like 10 year old Macbooks, it's just not true anymore.
>>
I can see why zuck does it. I would too if I were him. Although if I were zuck I think I'd probably rather have one of my hardware guys disable the webcam and microphone internally and physically, rather than through software, or with tape. I can see covering the camera with tape because you might actually want to occasionally use it, but I wouldn't even bother. just disconnect that shit and make one of your interns give you their laptop if you need to use a webcam or microphone
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.