[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
returning to the PC AMD or Intel?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1
File: zfyCfzZY.png (114 KB, 436x436) Image search: [Google]
zfyCfzZY.png
114 KB, 436x436
ok guys, i was thinking to sell my laptop ( HP pavilion m6-1076la) and make a great build that can run all the games for this generation and the next one and of course when i dont have ethernet play the chess of windows in 60 fps, so which brand i have to choose? Intel or AMD? the problem right now its that a friend told that i just wait for the Zen technology of AMD so the question is, AMD or Intel, or wait to 2017?
>>
Well, there's no reason for you to wait until 2017.

I am also building a new gaming PC, and I have decided to wait until Zen, because it sounds pretty based.

>twice the performance of FX 8350
>twice the cores of Intel
>95W TDP
>much lower cost than Intel

Of course, if it turns out to be shit, then you can always just get an Intel CPU
>>
Intel

I'm not saying AMD is bad, but Intel is clearly superior
>>
>>55224042
Zen is vaporware, go with Intel now.
>>
>>55224518
But amd is less expensive that intel, thats why the people buy it right?
>>
Intel if you can afford it, higher performance
Amd if you're on a budget but still looking for decent performance
>>
>>55224556
I guess so
>>
>>55224547
That's why you WAIT, so if it does suck or become vaporware, then you get Intel
>>
>>55224575
Ok the money i think that is not a problemas btw i just wanna make a build thst i don hace to change in a long time just keep upgrading at least
>>
>>55224042
>MUH GAAAAYMES

Go back to v
>>
>>55224930
fuck off trip code fag
>>
>>55223969
I've decided to wait for ZEN. I was going to buy an i7 6800K but it just doesn't seem worth it.
>>
>>55224042
Doesn't AMD's own slides say 40% more IPC than Bulldozer?
How do you figure twice the performance?
>>
>>55225969
The 8350 is built on piledriver, an older architecture. Plus, benchmarks have said that it does have about twice the performance of the 8350.
>>
Poor britfag here. Saw a pre-built PC with an AMD FX-4300 for a £550, would that be worth it /g/entoomen?
>>
>>55224930
t. Weeaboo tripfag
>>
>>55226010
No.

Build your own PC, especially without a mid range AMD chip, which equates to shitty chip irl. Wait for Zen or get a skylake cpu if you can't wait
>>
>>55226136
Thanks dude. My last PC, i built myself and when i moved it from one side of the room to the other, the motherboard just died. Was just thinking pre-built because of time issues
>>
>>55224556
Intel has hyper threadin which is aight for games
AMD has a cheap rip off that it not as good
AMD gets a ton of micro stuttering (little pauses) you will notice the difference :)
>>
>>55226305
If you really need a new build at this point, Haswell-E (which equates X99 sb) chips are your only choice.
Skylake is a joke, especially when real products are considered: they have thin as fuck waffle and heatspreader, which is not soldered, but TIM'd.
>>
>>55226010
From a fellow britbong... No, don't get amd shit
>ariapc.co.uk
go with one of the i5s next day gayming pc
>>
>>55226336
And really, you should hunt down used Sandy Bridge CPU - say 2500k or 2600k - and decent mobo (for example P8P67 Pro or Deluxe).
If you can get AMD Piledriver setup (FX-8350) with a good mobo (Sabertooth R2.0) for a dirt cheap, then go for it.
>>
Is there going to be 250 euro zen based cpu with motherboard that fits for like 50 euros?
>>
>>55226305
You probably just had a shitty motherboard
>>
>>55226332
>HT good for games
>AMD, tons of micro stuttering
The Absolute Truth.
>>
>>55226397
Was only a cheap Gigabyte thing to be fair, back from like 2012.
>>
>>55226366
My old PC actually has a 2600k in it already, could use that.
>>
>>55226332
This. Amd is terrible in the long run.
>>
amd right now in the cpu arena is absolute garbage. not even good for budget builds.

you only go amd right now if you enjoy being shat on by a thousand pajeets.

zen is already out in the form of intel's broadwell-e. zen is reported, according to their own ceo, to have around broadwell level of performance. so in single threaded its weaker than skylake. what makes zen cause people to cream their pants is that it will offer core counts upwards to 8 cores.

so if you want zen now, and don't mind paying the extra $100 - $200 bucks, go broadwell-e with a 6800k and a nice x99 refresh board.

chances are you won't need more than 4 cores and ht if all you want to do is be a power user, light professional, and dedicated gamer. a 6700k it will fit the bill nicely. best single core performance on the planet atm and the ability to process 8 threads are the same time. pair it up with ddr4 3000 or higher and a 1070 or whatever amd equivalent and you be good to go.

skylake scales well with higher clocked ddr4. you actually gain performance increases in a lot of games. ram speed didn't matter much with haswell but with skylake it does.

if you're on a budget grab a 6600k.
>>
>>55225969
Modern instruction sets
>>
Zen is going to be so great
>>
>>55224739
Get an i7-5820X then, that'll be good for games for longer than any current GPU will (and longer than it will itself survive probably). Alternatively, a high-end i5 (think 6600) will be perfectly sufficient for years too, and cheaper. You could get a high-end AMD too, but they're currently far behind Intel in performance, so even the lower prices usually don't balance it out.

Just check logicalincrements to be honest.
>>
>>55227529
Mmm mostly of the guys here write very good arguments, so probably the best think that i can do it's just wait until 2017 see the review about Zen and if really is a vaporwave just go to Intel, cause i dont wanna make a mistake and spend a lot of money just for spend more in the next 1-2 years
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.