[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need your help on the following matter: My email address is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2
File: fts.gif (2 MB, 310x275) Image search: [Google]
fts.gif
2 MB, 310x275
I need your help on the following matter:

My email address is on a private mail distribution list on which the guy who initiated it does no longer seem to have access himself.

I receive spam mail with attached malware everyday, simply blocking the particular sender doesn't solve it because no email address is used twice to deliver the malware anyway. I can't figure out a way to block the whole thing so here's my question:

I have to get off of that mailing list. Or block any mail that has the address of the distribution list as receiver. How do I do any of that?

I appreciate your help.
>>
File: The_more_you_rainbknow.gif (1 MB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
The_more_you_rainbknow.gif
1 MB, 500x280
Read up on how businesses filter spam. Then set up a home server - I recommend Gentoo.

By the time you have completed reading the entire GCC manual you should have aged sufficiently to allow for a natural death and therefore will not be bothered by spam mail anymore.
>>
>>55220063

In fact I hardly ever receive spam mail. It's just that particular mailing list a friend set up ages ago that bothers me. Is there no way to get rid of that?
>>
>>55220080
If there is I don't know it. I was just memeing to be honest.

There is probably a way to filter the messages based on common phrases etc. Seems shady that the senders address is always different. Without knowing all of the details I couldn't hazard a guess. Good luck and heres a bump
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.