[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whatever happened to this? It's been like 5 years, where is it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: samsung-google-nexus-prime2.jpg (85 KB, 650x842) Image search: [Google]
samsung-google-nexus-prime2.jpg
85 KB, 650x842
Whatever happened to this?
It's been like 5 years, where is it?
>>
File: GalaxyNexus-Press-01-1200-80.jpg (39 KB, 786x442) Image search: [Google]
GalaxyNexus-Press-01-1200-80.jpg
39 KB, 786x442
It was called the Galaxy Nexus, and it was dope. Really wish I could buy that phone again with updated internals.
>>
>>55220034
Loved it
Was my first android
>>
they messed up by putting a TI CPU in it.
>>
>>55220010
Android 3 had the best A E S T H E T I C S
>>
>>55220010
Are you retarded?
>>
>>55222289
I don't think 3 ever even appeared on a phone.
>>
>>55220034
It was shitty. Samsung put pretty bad display on this. Build was typical 2011 Samsung.
>>
>>55222806
Still beats op3 screen lel
>>
>>55222806
>bad display
nigger what? i wish my nexus 5 had a display as good as my old gnex. those deep blacks were orgasmic, and the greenish yellow tint can be fixed in cyanogenmod
>>
>>55222836
Man, my mom's gnex had massive burn in from a a lot machine app she played, mine had burn in from the navigation bars, and both had super grainy screens. The reception was shit too. Had the Verizon version tho, so at least the battery life was garbage too.
>>
>>55222890
reception was never a problem on mine, but yeah, the battery was pretty shit. also burn-in is to be expected on any oled screen
>>
>>55222836
a display that couldn't display white as white?
>>
>>55220010
>bendphone
Apple made it first
>>
File: lg_g_flex_2.jpg (70 KB, 542x432) Image search: [Google]
lg_g_flex_2.jpg
70 KB, 542x432
Samsung gave up on it and it's now known as the LG G Flex 2, which I happen to own.
>>
>>55220034
Specifically, Hasbro threatened to sue over the use of the word Nexus because it's a Transformers thing. They backed down. Then Google tweaked their nose by calling this the Nexus Prime. They threatened again. So it ended up as just the Samsung Galaxy Nexus.

Unfortunately >>55222280 is right - they couldn't have known at the time, but TI shutting down their SoC division made porting new releases to the device (and the Google Glass, which used the same chipset) unbelievably difficult to impossible, because closed-source drivers.

Why they allow closed-source drivers on Android phones I'll never know. If they got hardline on this, I bet at least one SoC maker would fold.

I still have one. Have to kang it manually to port new Android versions/fixed kernels to it. It now has a worn-out battery life of about 45 minutes of screen-on time, and mine has a little bit of burn-in at the top.

But you know what it has that no later Nexus has? A fucking removable battery and SD card slot. And of course it's unlockable.

That's why I still have one. All I wanted was a Nexus that satisfied those two criteria. 5X and 6P was a disappointment. LG G5 build quality is shit. GF has a Moto G 4G, which was not a bad choice for her.

I really don't know what to replace it with. Only Nexus gets even slightly timely updates, because of pointless overlays, carrier delay bullshit, SoC manufacturer non-vanilla kernel forks, closed-source blob driver shit and rootless/read-only /system lockdowns making real incremental updates utterly impossible. The Android ecosystem is really depressingly awful when you get right down to it.
>>
>>55220034
Back when 720p on a phone was a big deal. Good times
>>
>>55222222
>>
>>55222728
3 is tablet only.
>>
>>55220010
it would be uncomfortable as fuck in your pocket. Who would buy it?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.