[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you deal with performance anxiety during a programming
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: brainfreeze[1].jpg (25 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
brainfreeze[1].jpg
25 KB, 300x300
How do you deal with performance anxiety during a programming interview?

Are algo interviews just a way to steal our jobs and give them to normies?
>>
I pound a 40oz immediately before entering the building. Seriously, ritual for me and it hasn't failed.
>>
File: 1466457608558.png (1 MB, 2197x1463) Image search: [Google]
1466457608558.png
1 MB, 2197x1463
>>55219857
Fuck I'm gonna try this next time
>>
>>55219857
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hn6x1Naj0oA&feature=youtu.be&t=50
>>
>>55219848
Why would a normie do algo interviews well
>>
I just did one today. I did well, but it's really just sitting and thinking. let your employer know you're nervous. I do that. They understand. Good luck!
>>
I've always trusted my self to not fuck up too much.
When I'm under pressure I just go on autopilot.
It's never let me down too hard.
>>
>>55220462
That's the thing though, yesterday I took a mock examination under stress and I just rushed to think of ANY solution and came up with an n^2 algorithm

Today I did the same test in a calmer environment and was able to think of an n time solution in about 30seconds. Go me.
>>
I fucking HATE coding on a white board.
It's such bullshit.
You can't use the internet to look up API stuff.
It's slow.
You can't compile and run the code to test it.
It's just bullshit.
I can't believe they expect you to actually write good code that way
>>
>>55220545
They don't, they just want to see how you work at a problem and arrive at a solution. Or don't, whatever. It's more about watching you work and figuring out how you solve problems than it is about getting the answer perfectly correct.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.