[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what to look for in a motherboard?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 2_5685e290c316c.jpg (455 KB, 1000x833) Image search: [Google]
2_5685e290c316c.jpg
455 KB, 1000x833
I am planning to upgrade to a 6600k and I was wondering what are some good features that justify paying extra for a motherboard.

right now I am planning to buy this one just because I have always bought Asrock motherboards and it has pretty good reviews regarding overclocking.
>>
http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Fatal1ty%20E3V5%20Performance%20GamingOC/

this motherboard + Xeon E5 1230 v5

only motherboard that allows BCLK overclocking on v5 Xeons,and that Xeon is inexpensive and equals 6700K overclocked,1220 v3 is the i5 of the series

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0qfKLm6Nl8

basically buying K-processors i promoting Intels monopoly,do not fall for the memes
>>
>>55219575
>what to look for in a motherboard
My dick
>>
M.2 support? Memory speed? Number of pcie lines, USB 3.1, sound, double uef or maybe a built in wifi adapter. Pick your poison according to your needs.
>>
Not op, but same question

Is asus rog maximus viii ranger any good? It comes with doom which i wanna play anyway
>>
I think asus makes slightly better mobos than as rock
>>
>>55220014
Last pc I built (lga1156), Gigabyte was best.

What's good now? MSI?
>>
>>55220237

I have an very basic MSI z97 mobo and don't know really what to think. I OC'd my 4690k to 4,5ghz on 1.2vcore on air and its stable. The mobo runs at about 35c, doesn't seem to have problems. However, it has no SLI compatibility and the second pci-e lane is only 4x.

Asus mobo seem to have better functionality overall.
>>
>>55219719
I swear this is bait
>>
>>55219575
the more gamery it looks the better the fps per unit of ram graphics is used.
>>
dual lan is handy
>>
>>55220290
has to be, unless he thinking this is /v/
>>
Anything in the 100-250 range that says gaming.

Oh and asus make the better motherboards.

Gigabyte makes their motherboards by hand, so they come second.
>>
>>55219575
I have the mitx version of that. It's nice, no problems. Would recommend. Assrock is owned by pegatron, the owners of Asus. MSI is using that shitty "killer" nic, which is dog shit.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.