[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Meme fans
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: 53b.jpg (113 KB, 616x768) Image search: [Google]
53b.jpg
113 KB, 616x768
I thought these fans were supposed to be silent at medium loads. It sounds like a car engine revving.
>>
You don't have to lie to us, Pajeet.
>>
>>55214130
>using the server fans especially made to be loud and useful
although if you want to use server fans there are far better options
>>
>>55215014
It's louder than my Cooler Master fan and both are 2000 RPM.

I paid $20 for this piece of shit and my CPU temperature is the same.

I got meme'd hard.
>>
>>55214130
Fans can't defy physics no matter the quality. High rpm = noise. Low rpm = quietness.
>>
>>55215053
It's the mass of the heatsink that matters most in cooling, not the fan quality.
>>
File: Congratulations!.gif (274 KB, 500x341) Image search: [Google]
Congratulations!.gif
274 KB, 500x341
>>55214130
>buy the high RPM meme version because it's black
>complain that it's loud
>>
File: p3350127_1.jpg (120 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
p3350127_1.jpg
120 KB, 800x800
>>55215079
It's 2000 RPM. I didn't get the 3000 RPM edition, that must be the jet engine edition.

>mfw pic related actually exists
>>
>>55215100
>It's 2000 RPM

The poo-coloured version is 1500RPM.
>>
>>55215053
Yes, but the coolermaster fans is not IP67.
It is not made from fiber and epoxy.
It has not 6 years warranty.
The coolermaster also probably has one shit bearing.

Those are performance fans supposed to generate pressure, that will always be audible.

Also I remember Anandtech making a big fan test.
The tested coolermaster sickleflow had abysmal results.
Worst performance on a Corsair H100, its was like 10-20K worse than the second last fan.
Also the frame apparently got so hot the tester got slight burns from touching the fans frame.

Also if you got big distances between the fins or layers or what you call them in english your heat sink will hit a performance cap regardless of how powerfull the fan might be.
>>
>>55215177
>ip67
Well at least if you accidentally drop your pc in sink full of water your fans will be still usable
>>
>>55215703
>implying these are consumer fans
>>
>>55215703
One of our customers once needed help with the control computer for their CnC.
It was a special CnC for making dental prothesis.
The entire thing was build in a way that the PC had to be placed under the work table from which permanently water (for cooling and so on) was running.
Obviously the PC broke really often.
Replacing any part of it with IP67 stuff that was possible could have helped.
>>
>>55214130
that's because you brought something other than the poop colored ones, retard
>>
>Noctua shills ITT
The EK Vardar F4-1850RPM is better.
>>
>>55214130
>Noctua NF-F12 industrialPPC-3000 PWM Fan
>industrial

get fucked retard
>>
OP here, I fixed the problem using SpeedFan.

The fan is dead silent at 1200RPM, apparently 1200RPM and 2000RPM doesn't help much with CPU temps, (2-3 degrees, within margin of error in my setup).

I still feel like I got meme'd though.
>>
i have these fans .

jesus fucking christ they are loud .

but theyre meant to survive full immersion in water .
>>
I don't know about their fans, but I like their heat sinks. I just use generic fans on them.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.