[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WD Blue 1TB
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: slim.jpg (62 KB, 850x715) Image search: [Google]
slim.jpg
62 KB, 850x715
Allright /g/, give me all you got.
I have this hard disk (WD Blue 1TB) (> pic related) and it has just completely gone to shit. I have tried numerous ways to fix it, but so far, none have succeeded, here's what I tried and what the effect was:

- Windows partition management - Doesn't detect the drive
- Windows device management - Detects the drive, says it works fine, crashes when trying to view the 'details' tab
- Windows DISKPART command-line partitioning utility - Doesn't detect the drive
- Insert disk into SATA slot, boot to different disk - PC doesn't boot anymore (tried 2 different PC's, booted to a different disk than the fucked one, didn't work)
- GParted (distro-version) - crashes when inserting the disk, if the disk is inserted before boot, pc won't boot
- WD Data Lifeguard Diagnostics for windows - doesn't detect the drive
- Darik's Boot And Nuke (DBAN) - erased the drive it was running from, didn't fix the broken one

Is there anything else I could try? I'm probably going to just say fuck it and have some fun playing with it next week (magnets 'n such).
If there's anything you'd like to see happen, you can request here, I'll see what I can do...
>>
>WD

lmao

your data is long gone, next time make a backup noob
>>
>>55209963
I don't really give a fuck about data loss, just wondering if I could return it to a usable state...
>>
Gently hit it with a hammer on the corner opposite to the ports. See if it works.
>>
That's what you get for falling for the slim meme, these drives are just pushing its limits too far. In all my years using various brands, mainly Seagate the only hard drive that has failed on me was one of these slim shits.
>>
>>55209928
Put it in a bag, wrap it up then put in freezer for several royal hours, then try again. If it doesn't work your last option is to open it then use a can of air in every part then switch on, as the disks are spinning squirt some lighter fluid on to the disks and light it for some amazing pyrotechnical effects
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.