[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What podcasts does /g/ listen to?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: SED.jpg (25 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
SED.jpg
25 KB, 600x600
What podcasts does /g/ listen to?
>>
NPR
>>
>>55209563
which one? there are several tech ones
>>
Donkey of the Day from the breakfast club
>>
>>55209522

listened to hanselminutes before it turned into a "womyn can code!!!" shitfest. the archive is still there and many old ones are pretty good.
>>
pcper and pizza party
>>
stefan molyneux, milo yiannopolous, drunken peasants.
>>
>>55209522
Milo, the dick show, not the worst show, filthy casuals
>>
Recently found EuroTechTalk, not bad.
>>
File: this is fine.jpg (100 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
this is fine.jpg
100 KB, 1280x720
>>55211015
>The dick show

Lol I'm surprise people are listening to that. Since madox and dick broke up, I haven't been listening to it.
>>
>>55209606
It's good to have other perspectives besides tech. I'm not him but planet money and world cafe are good. I just listen on the radio when I'm not listening to music. I know this should be /g/ related but still
>>
The D(ruken)P(easants) Podcast
>>
Mostly nerdist, Doug loves movies, and a handful of the smodcast shows
>>
Vergecast :3
>>
JRE
>>
>>55211226
It's very good. Dick without Maddox works. Maddox without Dick? Not so much. But I can't refuse double Sean.
>>
Dan Carlin (both), Still Untitled, Dude Soup, You Made it Weird, Hollywood Handbook

Always in the market for more history podcasts but 99% are awful.
>>
>>55209522
Radio Lab (and the spinoff More Perfect), 99pi, Hardcore History, Meet The Composer, The Dick Show, and Madcast (former Biggest Problem In The Universe, sigh...).
>>
YogPod
>>
CU Podcast
>>
>>55209522
No thanks
>>
Hello Internet?
>>
Linux unplugged, complete developer podcast, developer tea
>>
File: lro-nosound.webm (2 MB, 720x406) Image search: [Google]
lro-nosound.webm
2 MB, 720x406
>>55209522
Mainly conspiracy shit.
>>
>>55212731
Is that CGP Grey's podcast? How is it? I've been meaning to listen to it, but I haven't really found the time for it.
>>
By category:

Information
60 Second Science
BrainStuff
Car Talk
CarStuff
Dan Carlin's Hardcore History
Embedded
Hound Tall with Moshe Kasher
How Stuff Works
NPR Hourly News Summary
Radiolab
StarTalk Radio
Stuff To Blow Your Mind
TED Radio Hour
TEDTalks
The Bugle

Technology
All About Android
Hak5
TechStuff
This Week in Google
This Week in Tech

Fiction
Alice Isn't Dead
Thrilling Adventure Hour
Transmissions From Colony One
We're Alive
Welcome to Night Vale

Fat Kev Smith
Edumacation
Jay and Silent Bob Get Old
SMODcast
Talk Salad and Scrambled Eggs

Deathsquad
Ari Shaffir's Skeptic Tank
Kill Tony
The Joe Rogan Experience
Verbal Violence
What Brian Redban Do
Your Mom's House

Carollaverse
CarCast
G.I.O. Get It On (superfan Giovanni's podcast; he's releasing Classic Loveline episodes)
Reasonable Doubt
The Adam and Dr. Drew Show
The Adam Carolla Show
The After Disaster
The Film Vault

Doug Benson
Doug Loves Movies
Doug Loves Minis
Getting Doug With High

Etc.
Dubbletalk
Fitzdog Radio
Greg Proops Film Club
Half Hour Happy Hour
How Did This Get Made?
Monday Morning Podcast
Pistol Shrimps Radio
Serial
Spontaneanation with Paul F Tompkins
Ten Minute Podcast
The Journal by Kevin Rose
The Nerdist
The Smartest Man in the World
The Way I heard It with Mike Rowe
>>
Okay I'll be honest, I don't know what the point of podcasts is. Somebody fill me in. They're basically just prerecorded radio shows, right? I don't understand why they exist.
>>
>>55212955
I love it. Its him and brady haran.
AI and automation is a frequent topic, but they talk about a huge swath of topics. I recomend it.

CGP has a second one about working for yourself called cortex, which is interesting in its own right.
>>
>>55212982
They are prerecorded radio shows. They replace traditional radio and allow the listener to consume media on niche subjects that interest them.

They help people with jobs get through the day.
>>
>>55213004
Fair enough. Is there some /g/-approved repository for podcasts or should I just google the ones that sound interesting from >>55212972 ? I feel like there must be a decent site out there listing and linking to them.
>>
>>55212999
Thanks! I'll make sure to check his podcasts out, then!
>>
>>55212955
Not him, but HI isn't bad. Cortex (Grey's other podcast) is far better, but HI is still worth listening to if you have the time.
>>
>>55213137
I think cortex is more substantial, and you learn more, but the dynamic nature and i guess inside jokes etc in HI makes it better to listen to. Imo
>>
>>55213072
Best place to find new podcasts on your own really is iTunes, unfortunately.

if you have an iphone, download iTunes and check out some of the ones in that list. Otherwise download Podcast Addict or BeyondPod or Stitcher on your Android and do the same. Or whatever, I'm not your dad
>>
>>55213219
Thx dad
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.