[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup /g/uys, so my system disk died in my oldass home server.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
Sup /g/uys, so my system disk died in my oldass home server. The problem is that it still uses IDE because all the SATA ports are used up by the storage disks.
Care to recommend me something modern (pic related) to replace it or am I doomed to buy an old overpriced old drive/converter/controller?
>>
>>55209513
You can modern used servers for literally 30$
Why on earth do you want to use an old ass IDE drive?
>>
>>55209526
I'm in europe, shit is not that easy to get here ;_;
Also professional servers with loud datacenter fans are a no-go in my household, I got nowhere to place them so they won't be heard... That's why I built a custom one with quiet cooling and it served me well so far after all those years so... yeah.
>>
You'd be better suited booting from a USB drive than using whatever the fuck abomination that IDE SSD is supposed to be.
>>
>>55209582
>shit is not that easy to get here
Where in EU? I'm in easter Europe and just last weekend I got myself a used Xeon (dual core 2.8GHz) server board with dual CPU's and 24GB of DDR2 RAM in a IBM eServe case for 35€. That's pretty normal deal and things like that come by all the time.

It has a SATA/RAID controller on board with cache with 4 SATA connectors, not to talk about SAS.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.