[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can i oc this piece of shit and is it even worth it? I slapped
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: cpu.jpg (15 KB, 804x100) Image search: [Google]
cpu.jpg
15 KB, 804x100
Can i oc this piece of shit and is it even worth it? I slapped an EVO 212 on it sometime ago because putting on the stock cooler was a big mistake.

Also is there some way to set a custam fan curve without using afterburner? Crimson drivers but it for me and it locks my fan speeds to about 20%, even though AMD said they fixed it. My R9 290 PCS+ is loud as fuck if i go beyond 50% fan speed. I figured i could let it go a bit warmer to about 80c with lower fan speed.
>>
File: 1446414618233.jpg (34 KB, 440x400) Image search: [Google]
1446414618233.jpg
34 KB, 440x400
>>55207098
>Crimson drivers but it for me and it locks my fan speeds to about 20%,

Pajeet, I'm assuming that you want to set a fan curve for the GPU. The CPU should be easy, your bios will have fan options.
>>
File: lc-power-lc-cc-97.jpg (27 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
lc-power-lc-cc-97.jpg
27 KB, 500x500
A) use speedfan for controlling fans
B) you probably can push it a bit, my fx6300 is on 4.2GHz OC on this shitty fan, it's stable and cool enough. you will need to see how far can you go, I expect 4.6 should be reasonable with temps and stability.
>>
>>55207229
yeah i want to set a fan curve for my gpu because from crimson panel i can set low fan speeds but i am afraid to do that because some games make this card get really HOT, i once caught it at about 105 c and i was playing like that for about an hour without even knowing it, that's why i need a fan curve not just fan speed adjust

>>55207260
should i oc it through the crimson software or i should fiddle the bios?
>>
>>55207098
Why don't you use Afterburner? I had the exact same GPU and it worked for me.
>>
>>55207543
Because as i said if i use any version of crimson drivers along with a custom fan curve in AB it locks my fans at 20%, even with the latest crimson drivers. Some people say that it was "fixed" but not for me.
>>
>>55207558
I see. Can't really help you with that. I also had the Powercolor PCS+ 290 with crimson drivers and AB 2 months back. I was running Windows 10.
>>
>>55207651
I highly doubt but is it possible that Win7 is causing it?
>>
>>55207684
It may be possible given AMD's shitty drivers support . Perhaps you can install windows 10 on another spare hard disk and try out. Also, get the Enterprise LTSB version for goodness sake, not Pro.
>>
>>55207558

Pretty sure that you just need to change the settings for GPU fans in Crimson so that they don't override AB, then apply your custom curve.

Wasn't this a problem on immediate rollout that everyone figured out, like, day one? The "only 20% fan locking in Crimson"?
>>
>>55207729
yeah i guess i could try
>>55208453
ofc i disabled the manual fan speed setting in crimson but it doesn't change anything
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.