[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This might seem like a stupid question but I've finally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5
File: 11-583-014-01.jpg (97 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
11-583-014-01.jpg
97 KB, 640x480
This might seem like a stupid question but I've finally saved up enough money to buy a gaming pc and I was wondering if when I buy it everything comes pre-installed like Ram, fans, and such or do I have to buy some parts and put them in myself?
pic is what I was thinking of getting, not entirely sure yet
>>
dont buy prebuilt
>dont buy prebuilt
dont buy prebuilt
>dont buy prebuilt
dont buy prebuilt
>dont buy prebuilt
dont buy prebuilt
>dont buy prebuilt
dont buy prebuilt
>dont buy prebuilt
dont buy prebuilt
>dont buy prebuilt
dont buy prebuilt
>>
It comes pre-built. Building it yourself involves buying all the parts separately, unless there's some retarded vendor I don't know about.
>>
>>55206699
why? what's the problem with buying it pre-built?
also you guys know any quality gaming pcs around the $1000 mark?
>>
>>55206776
problems:

if said prebuilt pc stops functioning you have to return the whole thing somewhere.. but this would be the case for you non the less probably since you're iliterate.

sometimes they hide specific information like mainboard or powersupply vendor because it some cheap chink shit they don't want you to know that you wasted money on. you might say "but it just works", just wait till the lightning strucks your home.

you're leaving out the joy to learn about computerhardware and learning how to solve hardware related problems your own.

by the way anon, the case in the picture looks cheap as fuck, probably not worth more than 30$ aswell
>>
>>55206930
honestly anything is better than the shit I have, trust me
>>
>>55206954
a huge plus is that you can factor the budget yourself and go for any dimensions you want.

must it be watercool capable (which is not necessary by all means by the way)

must it be compact
must it be quiet
must it be powerfull for 4k or are you pleased with 1080p

and the list goes on
>>
how old are you OP
>>
File: seamus2.jpg (50 KB, 442x442) Image search: [Google]
seamus2.jpg
50 KB, 442x442
>>55206660
Pcpartpicker.com

Find shit you want. Buy them and put them together. There are guides, builds that people have made that you can use yourself and construct. It also shows you parts that are comparable. Do research, but parts, construct your machine, have a fucking blast.

Seriously. Don't buy pre-built. You pay for shit that won't last and probably premium for things you can do yourself or hardly matter.
>>
>>55206954
are you stupid
>>
>>55206776
The main reason to build it yourself is that you save quite a bit of money, and can generally be more careful & select better parts - especially for stuff like power supplies

Plus many pre-builts are stupidly configured, with "gaming" machines having a top of the line CPU, but only a middling video card. Going the other way around (okay CPU, high end graphics card) makes more sense & cost the same.

And building a PC is easy. Literally children can do it.
>>
I dont think you guys understand
currently I have a 16 year old chinese computer that can still sorta kinda play games
I just need something that can play WoW at 60 fps
and almost everything fucking computer in the universe (except mine) can do that. I just need something simple and not that much work :/
>>
>>55207052
if you won't listent to literally everyone just fuck off back to red it
even v kids can do it
>>
>>55206954
>anything is better than what I have so I'm fine with being ripped off
You don't belong here
>>
>>55207052
>>55207068
Thats good because this guy seems like hes fucking 12
>>
>>55207052
You really do need to leave
>anon if you build it yourself you'll get a much better pc for the price
>YEAH BUT I HAVE A BAD PC NOW SO IT DOESN'T MATTER LOL
>>
Don't listen to them OP
I tried to build mine and the psu exploded in front of my wife's son, killing him
Get an alienware
>>
>>55207147
ayyy
>>
>>55207147
>alienware
iBuyPower is really the only way to go here sure you can save a few hundred bucks and get better parts but who has time to research parts and assemble a computer?!
>>
Dont listen to these elitests OP. The first 5-6 gaming pcs ive owned were prebuilt or Dell XPS and they lasted and worked great.

Brands to look out for
Ibuypower
Cyberpowerpc

Brands to avoid
Vision
HP
Acer
Dell

With that said at 1,000 bucks you can get a nice pc and possibly a decent mouse and keyboard combo.

Keep in mind a few things. Because its prebuilt they will cheap out on things. Such as...

Motherboard
RAM
CPU cooler
And sometimes SSD storage capacity.

I reccomend searching
Newegg.com
Amazon.com

Good luck and remember if you get a high end CPU watch out for them putting the shitty stock CPU cooler on it, it will more than likely happen.

With that said, building your own is the best option which is what I do now.
Link related, its the pc i just put together.

https://imgur.com/gallery/5snS1
>>
>>55206699
>bought parts separately
>fucking had to RMA the mobo because it's fucked
Frustration, yet also pride once I get this fucking thing working
>>
>>55207422
How does buying a prebuilt mean you don't have to research parts?
>>
>>55207147
>wife's son
lmao
>>
Compare custom PC builders or learn to build it yourself, don't buy an exact already made PC because it will likely have shortcomings in some areas or be overpriced.

Either way pick out the exact parts you want and know the price for it, then decide.

Building isn't that hard but I can see why most would want to just buy a full PC and have it "just werk" when it arrives
>>
>>55207943
Implying RMAing the motherboard is any different to RMAing the whole thing if something breaks during shipping.
>>
>>55207950

Anything fan works for exhaust really.
>>
>>55206660
Just buy the seperate parts and pay a website to build it for you if you're afraid to do so. There are many shops that have a service like that for less than 100 bucks.
>>
>>55208081
Basically, plus building it myself I have to wring my hands over the possibility of somehow fucking the motherboard up myself. At least I narrowed it down as best I could and even learned how to test a PSU. Still, I'm without a PC for several weeks at best.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (240 KB, 1920x1281) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
240 KB, 1920x1281
>>55206660
build it yourself.
Also use this case
>>
>>55210675
I have this one myself, great airflow, even keeps my fermi card cool, truly a feat of engineering
>>
>prebuilt
>manchild can't even build with legos
>>
Go back to v faggot.
Here's you're portal.
>>>>>\v\
>>
>>55206660
build yourself. its a good learning experience and you'll know what exactly future add-ons you might want to add later on.
>>
>>55206704
There is a site that you can pick parts and then have the thing shipped with all your selected parts assembled except gpu. I forget the name of it but it's still paying a premium, except you're actually getting the parts you want.
>>
>>55207105
Even a 11-year old nigger can build one, OP has no excuse
>>
>>55211606
am i the only one physically cringing when i see animay girls wearing that clothing? it looks uncomfortable as shit.
>>
File: 14664896465381.png (359 KB, 529x761) Image search: [Google]
14664896465381.png
359 KB, 529x761
>>55207004
>>
>>55210775
if it keeps a fermi card cool, its a feat of fucking god, theres no case on earth short of a build submerged in liquid oxygen that keeps those fuckers cool
>>
>>55210675
I don't understand this meme. I've used the same nVidia card for the last 7 years in my build and it still works great. Sou I don't see what's wrong with putting their logo on the case if I enjoy their product. I mean, the case manufacturers already put their own logos on their cases, but no one makes fun of them.

And I'm not even an nVidia shill/fanboy. I'm just calling it like it is.
>>
Just fucking buy one. If you can't be bothered doing half an hour's research and spend another half an hour picking parts, you clearly don't care about computers that much. Just go into any sort of PC store, take our however much money you have, throw it at the sales assistant, and say "I WANNA PLAY MUH VIDEO GAMES". They never have any ulterior motives, so they'll set you up with a top-of-the-line machine that is the best value for money.

Since you're not that 'into' computers, I'd also recommend buying their extra warranty, an antivirus, their 'Gamer Elite' mouse and keyboard kit, and literally any other fucking thing they suggest, because at this point, you don't fucking care anymore.
>>
>>55215302
whats funny is that its not even that bad of a case, granted it looks meme-y but it has everything you'd want in a decent ATX case and its incredibly well designed for airflow
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.