[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Browser Botnet
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: fbBz5qV.png (127 KB, 1045x580) Image search: [Google]
fbBz5qV.png
127 KB, 1045x580
Which browser will not add me to the botnet?
As long as it has a ad-blocker I'm happy.
>>
Opera, clearly the best browser on the market. Built-in ad-blocker, VPN, pop-up video, Opera Turbo, the best speed dial etc.
>>
File: ZPuAr95.png (259 KB, 1045x580) Image search: [Google]
ZPuAr95.png
259 KB, 1045x580
Nah Chrome ain't no botnet
>>
>>55204538
my negro
>>
>>55204538
So Firefox is definitely a no-go?
>>
Code your own browser
>>
>>55204622
It's really bad.
>>
Pale meme
>>
>>55204430
>Sends the name of the file you're downloading to google for whitelist checking
To send you informations back whether or not it is a virus to protect yourself!

>stores your IP address associated with the file for a few weeks
says who? where? also I have a VPN, so what do I care. And no jurisdiction can handle in weeks

>Every URL you even begin to type in the address bar is sent to Google
For autocompletion?

>Connects to Google every 30 minutes to download a list of malicious URLs
if that would really happen google would have been taken down by now

>so that the fact that you even have Chrome open is transmitted to Google
pretty much what EVERY online protocol does. it checks if youre still there for potential time outs

>Asks to login to your google account
Oooooooh shit

>so your browsing tabs, history, etc. is stored on google servers
Yes, and im really happy about this feature. after formatting I usually don't wanna figure out hundreds of username/password formats and retype every single address and save every single address to my bookmark again. Instead I just login and have everything back within seconds. sorry that you edgecucks dont have that

>Connects to websites
This is starting good already.

>in the background before you are even finished typing them
Cool. Faster loading times. but wait, this is a lie, it doesnt connect to websites before i finished typing them.. Do you know how i know that? I checked wireshark. I actually have proof that this doesn't happen. what about you?

>without your explicit instruction
I never instructed Edge to be shitty either, but it just is

>Summary: there is nothing, nothing, you can do in Chrome that isn't transmitted to Google through some channel.
of course you can block them in your firewall, newfag

>Welcome to the botnet
[Continued in next post]
>>
>>55204662
>Welcome to the botnet
let me just quote searchsecurity.techtarget.com's definition on that matter here alright?
"A botnet (also known as a zombie army) is a number of Internet computers that, although their owners are unaware of it, have been set up to forward transmissions (including spam or viruses) to other computers on the Internet."

>although their owners are unaware of it
OBVIOUSLY they cant be unaware of it. just look how informed OP is about this so called botnet. plus every second person I talk to says that chrome has all those horrible, horrible(!) symptons as OP described them. so people are by no meaning unaware of this so called botnet

>have been set up to forward transmissions to other computers on the Internet
Yes! Another clear fact and further proof that chrome is a botnet. It forwards transmissions to other computers (also called servers/websites). FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STOP THIS BOTNET MADNESS WE ARE JUST HUMANS

>including spam or viruses
Wait a minute. Does that mean if i visit google.com, google's chrome is now forwarding a virus from google to google.com via my computer as a proxy? Holy shit. I better get my lawyer ready because im getting sued real soon for infecting their services and spaming their mailbox.
>>
>>55204662
>>55204717
Finally someone who understands it.
>>
Chrome, because I'm a normie and I don't actually give a fuck if Google collects my data. Plus I like having a web browser that actually fucking works like a web browser should.
>>
Is Palemoon still good and secure to use?
>>
File: OPERAISBOTNET.png (271 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
OPERAISBOTNET.png
271 KB, 2000x2000
>>55204538
>The VPN keeps logs
>uMatrix is infinitely better than the built in adblocker.
>Opera Turbo routes all your connections through there servers where your ip is then logged
>Speed Dial literally makes requests to other websites in your NEW TAB PAGE.
>opera is closed source
>>
>>55204549
Google is one of the worlds biggest corporations. It's main source of income is advertisement. Why is it so valuable? Targeted advertisement. It collects all information it can about you so that it can show you "relevant" ads.
>>
>>55204549
>>55204662
>>55204717
>>55204741
It seems like Google shills are out in full force today.
>>
>>55207767
Well fuck Opera then.
>>
>>55204633
Care to explain?
Privacy-wise as far as I know, it's not bad
>>
>>55207977
It's not bad. It's currently the best browser out there.
Those are just /v/ crossposters who are using Chrome because it got suggested to them when they were using Google. Or they accidentally installed it when it came bundled with other software. Or they're designated Google shills, who knows.

Pic related, a recent poll about the browsers used on /g/.
>>
>>55208046
Waterfox\palemoon + iridium
>>
>>55204622
It's fine
>>
>>55204662
>Cool. Faster loading times. but wait, this is a lie, it doesnt connect to websites before i finished typing them.. Do you know how i know that? I checked wireshark. I actually have proof that this doesn't happen. what about you?
pics or it didn't happen
>>
Chromium
>>
>>55207977
Depends on how you define privacy. If you're talking about being tracked online, it's fine

If, however, you consider having your browser exploited by drive by 0days because the freaks at mozilla can't into coding, then it's not fine
>>
>>55204622
What is this, 2007? Firefox is yesterday's news. Good in its time, but now...
>>
File: foxfur.jpg (68 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
foxfur.jpg
68 KB, 540x720
>>55208046
I liked Firefox but it just started getting crappy for me. Wouldn't load web pages, would occasionally drop whatever page I was on and give me an inescapable white blank. It started happening more and more frequently and with a heavy heart I switched.
>>
>>55210932
Have you tried resetting your profile?
>>
>>55207868
are you always that naive? he's lying
>>
>>55211953
Well is he? Can you prove that?
>>
>>55207833
>>55209410
>falling this hard for shitty bait
Someone's defensive.
>>
You want privacy?

Don't use internet.
>>
I decided to try opera. Is it impossible to install extensions on the 64-bit version?
>>
>>55204430
That's the wrong question. The right question is: which browser will let me resist browser fingerprinting by fully configuring the behavior of it's renderer and javascript+HTML5 objects?
>>
>>55212146
http://sourcecode.opera.com/
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.