[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: Rickert.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Rickert.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
https://hookrace.net/blog/broken-hardware-fixes-hacks-8-years/

>retards literally destroying their laptops for the meme linux

When did you realize Shitoo was a meme and retard filter?
For me it was as soon as I realized you needed to add the entire fucking redundant step/s of compilation
>>
>gentoo memers on suicide watch
>>
Just install arch linux for fucks sake. It's what professionals use.
>>
>>55204392
>professionals
Name one professional organization that uses shitoo lite
>>
>I've mostly been using the same hardware for personal computation purposes over the last 8 years.
>personal computation purposes

I have to ask, given the wording, what this person means by that: like if someone were to say 'I have been using the same vehicle for personal transportation purposes for X years', it would sound odd.

Furthermore, I'd question whether this person, given their odd phrasing - asuming they haven't learned English as a second language or something - thinks their experience should be default, or the average somehow. 'What do you /mean/ Grandma can't compile Gentoo packages?? I'll fix it later, I'm busy repairing this Thinkpad some fat-cat threw into the YMCA dumpster'.
>>
>>55204226
When I grow up, I want to be a wizard, too.
>>
>>55205777
The two general classes of computing on a PC are personal work, and "professional" and "industrial grade" work. Generally speaking the former class of work doesn't require as much computer resources to accomplish while the latter requires more resources to accomplish.
>>
File: ad146246570_ruckas_videogra.jpg (23 KB, 600x602) Image search: [Google]
ad146246570_ruckas_videogra.jpg
23 KB, 600x602
>>55204226
Did you not read the article? This cheap Jew doesn't want to buy new hardware under any circumstances. His dram was malfunctioning, and through the power of Gentoo, he was able to overcome faulty hardware. It's literally because of Gentoo his hardware is functioning now.
As usual, op is a fag.
>>
>>55204226
Nice reading comprehension m8. The article is about how the guy never buys new hardware, just fixes it or replaces it with equivalents he had laying around. The fucker didn't even buy new capacitors, he just scavenged for them.
>>
>>55205777
>I noticed that people found it interesting how I'm trying to minimize money and resources
I guess he met a consumerist and decided to make this long post about his beloved hardware that haven't broken for him
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.