[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
What is this?
>>
>>55203931
mitm usb virus
>>
>>55203931

An anti-oppression dongle shield. You use it when you have to use a USB flash drive with a computer that may or may not have been used by a cis-gender shitlord whose sadistic hate speech is designed to tear apart the fragile fabric of society as we know it.
>>
I'm trying really hard to come up with something, and all I can think of is it must me some kind of a scam where people are told this stops viruses.
>>
>>55203931
Can be a USB condom. The type that only lets the power pin through and cuts off the DATA pins
>>
this is more then obvious a keylogger dude, plug it in to fck your company or give it back jamal
>>
looks like a usb keylogger
>>
>>55203931
extension for odd shaped usb drives that don't fit in some shitty location?
>>
>>55203931
Maybe a write blocker or something? Not sure why else it would have both a male and a female port. Take it apart?
>>
>>55203931
Could be a "USB audio cleaner" for audiophiles.
>>
>>55203931
Could be a range extender, pop the lid off and check out the chipset.
>>
>>55204054
Most likely this OP. I have a draw full of them at work..
>>
I'm pretty sure my Logitech mouse came with one just so you could plug the receiver into the back and have it extend a little bit from the case.
>>
>>55203931
Logitech USB Extension.
>>
File: taz_keylogger.png (402 KB, 651x493) Image search: [Google]
taz_keylogger.png
402 KB, 651x493
>>55203999
german newspaper got spied with keyloggers pic related. The goverment could trace them back until asia, thats all.
>>
>>55203931
you plug your wireless mouse usb into it so that its not hard to pull out of the desktop
>>
>>55203992
This would be clever for using it @ McDonald's or somewhere with these usb connectors in the wall to charge the phone.
>>
>>55204099
>baww evil chink hackers
Probably just bought it on Ali.
>>
>>55203931
USB 3.0 to USB 2.0 adapter
>>
>>55204716
not sure if serious, this is a voltage regulator without doubt
>>
>>55203979
>people are told this stops viruses.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuruzFqMgIw
badUSB is very real anon. In layman's terms:
usb stick has a small cpu that handles usb protocol, actually writes to the flash chips etc.
you can modify the usb stick to simulate keyboard/mouse/other usb devices and take over a computer that way.
>>
>>55205531
and how would that dongle protect against this?
>>
>>55205595
cutting the data lines
i. e. only the usb power goes through
the huge disadvantage is that you can't communicate with the PC because, well, the communication lines are cut. So it's only an option if power is all you want(i. e. charging)
>>
>>55203931
A zip disquette adapter
>>
>>55205744
>you can modify the usb stick
>usb stick
>cutting the data lines
don't make me ask it again
>>
>>55203931
USB extension. Had one come with a wifi stick one.
Are you people retarded here?
>>
>>55205917
"USB requires a shielded cable containing 4 wires.
Two of these, D+ and D-, form a twisted pair responsible for carrying a differential data signal, as well as some single-ended signal states. (For low speed the data lines may not be twisted.)
The signals on these two wires are referenced to the (third) GND wire.
The fourth wire is called VBUS, and carries a nominal 5V supply, which may be used by a device for power. "
from http://www.usbmadesimple.co.uk/ums_2.htm
basically you have a dongle that has power connections(VBUS and GND) but no data connections
you plug the donge in your computer, and the device you want to charge into the dongle. you can't access files or anything on the device, but your computer does transmit power to the device
>>
>>55206129
Those are one data and one power wire you draw there. WTF anon, do you know what you're even talking about?
Data is two in the middle, two outer ones are power.
>>
>>55204632
Except they could still kill your phone
>>
>>55206140
Read the standard, shitlord
>>
>>55203931
Port saver
>>
>>55206140
i just drew according to the text i quoted, no idea if that's how they are actually positioned
>>
File: usb_pinout.jpg (27 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
usb_pinout.jpg
27 KB, 600x450
>>55206234
What, anon? Can't hear you over the sound of how stupid you are.

>>55206266
>Let me tell you why you are wrong
>Oh, but I actually don't know shit about it myself!
>>
>>55206129
what is an "usb stick" you dumbass
>>
its a usb extender for the proprietary wifi dongle you could buy for 2011 sony tvs (source i have one)
>>
>>55206275
>Let me tell you why you are wrong
? i never said you were wrong
i was just clarifying what i said earlier
i didn't mean to imply that it works against USB sticks. but if power is all you need then it does work
>>
>>55203931
iphone
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.