[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you use technology to keep track of documents/calendar events/tasks/to-dos?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: agenda[1].jpg (137 KB, 1536x1024) Image search: [Google]
agenda[1].jpg
137 KB, 1536x1024
Do you use technology to keep track of documents/calendar events/tasks/to-dos?

What's your system like? I'm trying to get a handle on my life.
>>
No because i don't base my life around shitty technology for things i can easily remember.

I don't want my brain to become dependent or addicted to useless technology.
>>
>>55201685

Alright. What about a physical notebook?
>>
>>55201688
i wouldn't be against it, I was actually thinking about starting a dream journal or just a regular one.
>>
>>55201663
I use a prioritized todo list program, and a simple calendar program

>>55201685
You can't remember everything
>>
>>55201698

I have huge issues with being scatterbrained/forgetful. If I don't write things down, they won't happen. I've missed countless appointments and assignments.

College + student society volunteering + self-care is kind of hard to keep track of.

Currently trying to figure out better ways to utilize Evernote.
>>
>>55201718
could into voice memos

>>55201701
you dont know me, faggot
>>
>>55201762
voice memos then write em down when the day is nearing its end*
>>
De-googlified smartphone and tablet, AOSP calendar app, offline calendar plugin.
I mostly use my phone for this but every once in a while I'll
> export local calendar to .ics file
> copy file to tablet (either via pc or zip -> Bluetooth -> unzip)
> update tablet calendar
Have a small widget on the homescreens that shows me the stuff I need to remember 2 weeks in advance.

To do lists are rare. If it's something I want to fix or implement in a program I'm writing I'll just put it in the comments. If it's something like "send money to city hall for speeding ticket" I'll make an all-day calendar event. For short-term shit like "call mom this evening" I'll set an alarm with appropriate label on my phone.

Used to use a physical calendar for everything when I was in school, changed to digital when I enrolled at uni because I could easily synchronize everything across devices (used online Jewgle calendar back then). At this point I might as well go back to physical desu.

I also track my expenses. Have a spreadsheet with all expenses and income on my PC, and estimated expenses and income for the next 6 months so I can compare the actual ones to something. I collect bank printouts and bills, write down cash expenses where I don't get a bill in a simple txt file on my phone; then commit everything to the spreadsheet every 2 weeks or so.
>>
>>55201718
Don't report your day to day activity to "the cloud"
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.