[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Been Arch user for years >Decide I can't be assed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: QnCtWR2.jpg (140 KB, 965x855) Image search: [Google]
QnCtWR2.jpg
140 KB, 965x855
>Been Arch user for years
>Decide I can't be assed to install it on new disk
>Install Ubuntu instead
>I actually like Unity and how nicely things are by default
>My only gripe is the higher memory usage
>I don't even feel like ricing it because I like how it looks
I guess that meme where it goes Windows -> Arch - > Ubuntu is true, or something like that.
>>
Oh, OP. You're not even don't yet.
I went Windows -> Ubuntu -> Ubuntu Gnome -> Arch -> Gnome and Arch -> Windows 10 (with cygwin installed and two headless servers)

>people on here say shill shit
>poo in loo
>windows 10 memes are lies and the OS is good if you put like 3 minutes of work in
>I love windows 10

>I love big brother
>>
>>55201883
>>I love big brother
at least you admitted it
>>
Windows -> Mint -> Arch
I install whatever flavor of Ubuntu to the family computer though.
However, I cannot stand Unity. Lack of Cinnamon is quite bad for Ubuntu. Mint is kind of out of date so Antergos is the way to go if you want to be lazy with the install but still have Arch and an updated OS with Cinnamon.
>>
>>55201883

>cygwin
Gross.
>>
>netbook with 1024x600 display
>install Xubuntu
>half the fucking setting screens and shit won't even fit within that resolution because they expect a minimum height of 768
>install Windows 10
>everything fits perfectly because it's designed to work even on 800x600 displays
It's a strange world.
>>
>>55203615
>2010
>get netbook
>purge win xp and install ubuntu netbook remix
>best mobile exp ever
and then they broke everything and UNR died
i cant undestand why nobody maintains the old netbook remix DE it was genius for small screens
>>
File: archbuntu.jpg (82 KB, 455x340) Image search: [Google]
archbuntu.jpg
82 KB, 455x340
I know this feel
>>
>>55203716
I remember using Netbook Remix on an EeePC. The first generation one.
What a fantastic UI. Merging the taskbar and window titlebar worked perfectly. I suppose Unity does something similar, but it's not really the same.
>>
>>55201883
>cygwin
hahaha you don't even try to pretend you have any clue what you're doing
>>
>>55201883
>>I love big brother
Maybe you wouldn't if you've read Orwell's 1984.
>>
Doesn't matter what distro you use these days. It's all SystemD in the end.
>>
File: 1465216044282.gif (736 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
1465216044282.gif
736 KB, 600x338
>Arch dormant in VM for a few months
>Boot it up
>Run pacman -Syyu
>Breaks VM guest utils
>Update guest utils
>Breaks kernel. Official repo package has known bug for months
>Fix kernel by installing alternate package
>CPU patch errors on startup, but they don't seem to do anything so ignore it
>Spend literally 2 hours waiting for the piece of shit text editor Atom to install from the AUR
>It was in an infinite loop of fucking up its installation and repeating without errors
>Download from github. Takes an hour to install anyway
>Open Atom
>Error. Literally no information. No console log, no debug log, no output. Literally nothing other than "An error as occured"
>Wade through error pages and issue pages to find "freetype2 completely breaks Atom, revert it to the previous minor version"
Fuck Arch, and fuck Atom especially. I have no idea how a text editor can be so poorly made.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.