[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Intel in flames
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
>Intel Fights Record $1.2 Billion Antitrust Fine at Top EU Court

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-06-21/intel-fights-record-1-2-billion-antitrust-fine-at-top-eu-court

>The world’s biggest chipmaker is making a final attempt to overturn the penalty doled out in 2009 for unfairly squeezing out Advanced Micro Devices Inc.
>The computer makers coaxed to not use AMD’s chips included Acer Inc., Dell, Hewlett Packard Enterprise Co., Lenovo Group Ltd. and NEC Corp., the commission said in 2009.

This is it. Intel's last stand before getting hit with the fine. That's four times the cost of the 'diversity and feminism' protection money they paid last year. Who else is hoping they go bankrupt?
>>
Sadly, the jews are going to worm their way out of the fine.
>>
i hope that this scares everyone and their stock price comes plummeting down so I can buy cheap and profit on their inevitable return.
>>
>>55195191
>1.2billion
Wow. It's literally fucking nothing to Intel.
Hell, they spent $300million on hiring under the basis of "Diversity and feminism"
>>
>>55195257
1.2 billion is a lot of money to any company
>>
File: 1401085007302.jpg (30 KB, 290x350) Image search: [Google]
1401085007302.jpg
30 KB, 290x350
>>55195191
Oh wow it's less than 10% of what they earn every quarter. Literally nothing. If anything, a final judgement will be good for the company, it gets rid of uncertainty
>>
>>55195291
Yes, in literal terms, it is a lot of money to anyone or thing. But to Intel, money has very little value. Even then, they will find a way of spreading the load.

Last time Intel was hit with a fine like this, they paid it off over 6 years. Now, you figure $1billion, over 6 years, with Intel's revenue. It's nothing.
>>
>>55195291
Pretty sure they are unhappy about it, but would you spend 1.2billion to bankrupt your competition?
>>
>>55195191
>1.2 billion
>mattering fuckall for intel

lmao, this is not amd. Intel spends 12 billion dollars on R&D alone.
>>
>>55195322
They're not spending 1.2 billion though
>>
File: 152343162-Frank-Lowy.jpg (54 KB, 594x386) Image search: [Google]
152343162-Frank-Lowy.jpg
54 KB, 594x386
>tfw they'll be no shekel dividend payments this year
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.