[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SMEAGOL NOT DEAD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: SMGL.png (16 KB, 327x192) Image search: [Google]
SMGL.png
16 KB, 327x192
Wizards assemble !

Advanced users of GNU/Linux, try Source Mage GNU/Linux. True source-based distribution that can heal broken installs and (in contrast with Gentoo and Arch) is:

Free from obfuscated and pre-configured code.
Fully committed to GPL, and uses only free software (as in freedom) in their main package.
Even the documentation is licensed as FDL.
Without 3rd party patches, sensible defaults or masked packages.
Doesn't need obfuscated python libraries only bash.
Uses clean dependencies as they came from upstream developers, which by the same provides instant updates.
Can also use flags.

Do you like Arch Linux's AUR? Do you like Gentoo's portgage? You haven't seen anything like Source Mage's "sorcery". Making "spells" to install what you want are as easy as editing files http://sourcemage.org/Spell/Book

http://sourcemage.org/
>>
>>55190831
What do you think about FreeBSD and OpenBSD?
>>
>>55190831
>in contrast with Gentoo and Arch is: dead
ftfy
>>
>>55191057
Do you like the ports collection? Sorcery has it.
>>
>>55191461
So it's pretty much Crux
>>
>>55190831
um, how you enjoying that support for your OS like Debian has senpai?
>>
>>55191677
Look at the OP, is better than CRUX.
>>
>>55193136
>better than CRUX
CRUX is at least not dead
>>
File: SMGL_not_dead.png (781 KB, 994x800) Image search: [Google]
SMGL_not_dead.png
781 KB, 994x800
>>55193163
>>
can't even boot it on USB and the kernel crashes when I try to do so

fucking trash
>>
>>55194307
There is only a chroot image and you can add or remove kernel support.
Troll harder.
>>
>>55194345
you idiot
theres a development install iso
>>
>>55194361
So you are using an old install method, good for you.
>>
Reminder to use the chroot image. You can use whatever live cd you want.

Don't be a meme like the guy up here.
>>
>>55190831
>True source-based distribution that can heal broken installs
Doubtful. If I wanted something that could heal itself I'd use MINIX.
>fully committed to GPL.
In that case then why hasn't it been listed as a FSF distro yet. I'll bet it still uses blobs in the kernel or loads proprietary firmware or recommends it.

Why should I waste my time on it when Trisquel works pretty well already?
>>
No thanks. I'll stick with Gentoo for now on. It's like the only distro that I approve of.
>>
>>55194516
>Doubtful. If I wanted something that could heal itself I'd use MINIX.
You are comparing drivers to software packages, faggot.

>In that case then why hasn't it been listed as a FSF distro yet.
Probably the FSF won't name them if they have available closed source software. But have you read the OP or are you trolling.

>I'll bet it still uses blobs in the kernel or loads proprietary firmware or recommends it
You bet? Oh I see now, you are trolling.
>>
File: 1466028098913.jpg (23 KB, 500x491) Image search: [Google]
1466028098913.jpg
23 KB, 500x491
>>55190831
>>
>>55190831
I've looked at this as an advanced distro to move towards in the future; I'm glad I am not the only one.

I might stick with Debian though since I hear so-called "real" operating systems like Gentoo are timesinks even AFTER the initial install
>>
>>55197351
>I hear so-called "real" operating systems like Gentoo are timesinks even AFTER the initial install
I hear that too. But some anons around here have Gentoo installed from something like 8 years ago and have legit jobs, no neets.

Apparently you can get away with minimal maintenance IF you are not doing something like ricing every two weeks.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.