[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
W10 upgrade & spyware
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: w10.jpg (111 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
w10.jpg
111 KB, 1920x1080
Time to upgrade to Windows 10 freely is running out so I'm thinking of biting the bullet and actually going for it. Windows isn't my primary OS anyway, but I like to keep an up-to-date install just in case I need it.

My question to you all is what's the best way to get rid of all the spyware features like trigonometry, keylogging, etc? Extra points for open source solutions so that I can check that they ain't malware..
>>
>trigonometry

kek
>>
File: 1454857654716.jpg (49 KB, 793x494) Image search: [Google]
1454857654716.jpg
49 KB, 793x494
>what's the best way to get rid of all the spyware functions like trigonometry?
>trigonometry

Fuckin winbabby get the FUCK out
>>
File: unimpressed_cat.png (111 KB, 268x265) Image search: [Google]
unimpressed_cat.png
111 KB, 268x265
>>55189340
Ahh, that's the helpful /g/ we know and love.
>>
>>55189305
http://www.pcworld.com/article/3085143/linux/fedora-24-arrives-with-gnome-3-20-and-under-the-hood-improvements.html

fedora 24 came out today, how about you try that OP?
>>
>>55189305
>Extra points for open source solutions so that I can check that they ain't malware..

If you care about this then why use W10 at all?
>>
>>55189368
Already have my preferred distro of choice installed, thanks. This is just to see if I should upgrade my secondary OS or not.
>>
>>55189388
I don't plan to, much anyway. Just wanna have it handy in case I need it for something that Wine can't handle too well.
>>
>>55189305
>trigonometry
Yeah, fuck those sines and cosines
>>
Do not update to HOME or PRO.

If you absolutely must use Windows, use Long Term Support Base version or Enterprise.
>>
>>55189918

And why not just Enterprise?

All OP needs to do is to read MS own articles about how to cut your corporate machine out of their servers and apply. LTSB is not required.
>>
>>55189944
ltsb was free of lot of metro shit wasnt it or has it changed?

>
All OP needs to do is to read MS own articles about how to cut your corporate machine out of their servers and apply.

Can you link? I'm interested
>>
>>55189978

I was thinking about those:

technet.microsoft.com/en-us/itpro/windows/manage/manage-connections-from-windows-operating-system-components-to-microsoft-services

technet.microsoft.com/en-us/itpro/windows/manage/configure-windows-telemetry-in-your-organization

I guess thats as much as you can do officially.
>>
>>55189895
>tfw drawing circles and cosine rats on you
>>
>>55190108
Oh I've done them - did all of that without reading. Took a lot of time though.

Thanks anyway.
>>
>>55190241

Yup, its takes way too much time in my opinion. I guess that there are scripts for that around the web, but I still would feel safer doing it myself.
>>
>>55190286
If you do it once like I did, it takes like 6 hours to go through a ton of cluttered settings, it gets easier on next time. Hour tops.

Still gay that you have to do it in the first place though
>>
>>55189305
>trigonometry
wew
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.