[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I fell for the meme years ago. Now I'm stuck with this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: pi_white.jpg (259 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
pi_white.jpg
259 KB, 1920x1080
I fell for the meme years ago.

Now I'm stuck with this thing whispering to me how I'm a lazy bum for not doing something useful with it.
I did set it up as owncloud once but it isn't really strong and fast enough to handle a smooth use.

What are your favorite projects with the pi? Which ones did you actually use in the long run?
>>
>>55188766
I made a piratebox with one once but no one ever botheres using it, Then i set up a internal only tor relay and ran i2p on it for a while.

After a while i got tired of it and sold it.
>>
Dns server/pi-hole
VPN
Weekly backups from main server to ext storage
>>
Knife-wielding tentacle perhaps?
>>
ayy, me too.

I have a raspberry pi 1 model B.

I live in a dorm so I can't use it as my git server, neither host anything on the interweb on it.

I'd like to try to control motors with it but I don't have the money for the hardware.

Maybe I'll just install gentoo on it once and brag about it for weeks on the internet.
>>
>>55189161
Weekly backups sounds like a good plan.
In combination with it as a simple file-server for my external which I don't use very often but has all of my reaction images collected over the years.

>>55189220
And this one. I think I have a server motor laying around somewhere. Just need a tentacle now.
>>
>>55188766
Aye me too, it was a gift from a friend and it sat on my counter for about 6 months because no sd card. Recently got a 64gig sd card and now i cant find it...
>>
>>55189136
Modify the CSS and the SSID
>>
Made a server to connect via sockets and turn on the air-conditioning with IR.

Made an app for it in phonegap. Maybe ill make a VPN as well. Its a cool little thing for home automatisation.
>>
Betting site for me and my friends. Pretty cool!
>>
I never bought one, because really it's just a general-purpose computer and I've already that (laptop).
Microcontroller stuff (ATmega) seems more interesting because you program them at a very low level and have full control, just like the old 8-bit computers from the 80's.
>>
>>55189604
Yea i have heard about people doing that due to the word pirate sounding illegal and scarring the normsters away.
>>
>>55190387
General-purpose computer doesn't really apply for the pi in my opinion.
Sure it can be used for nearly everything because it houses a full OS with DE but using it as Desktop is really not its strength because it isn't a smooth experience.

Hosting small scale applications is probably the best use for it.
>>
>>55188766
I have one for a DNS-Server, it also hosts a start page fro the intranet and is a VPN-Server

another one waters my plants
>>
i'm making my beaglebone into a tablet for a multimedia center, since rn I use an entire laptop that just sits next to the tv for that, and I use an ebook that I'd like to replace with a FOSS DIY beast
>>
>>55188766
I use mine as a poorfag nas
>>
>>55190552
Well I guess it depends on what you do with computers. I don't tend to surf the "Web 2.0" stuff, so even an old Thinkpad T30 gets the job done. I also don't run Windows or care about 3D games. Basically any game that can't run on a machine with equivalent power to Nintendo DS (the original, not later models), I have no use for. No matter how impressive new games may look, I have no desire for them.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.